Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

xp login...not quite

Started by Jinx3d1 Oct 27, 2005 at 3:31 PM 4 replies 700+ views
Original Post
Jinx3d1
Jinx3d1
hey guys, Ive been trying to figure this out all day. I can not login to windows xp... the login process starts and then quickly swithces to logging off... I have tried everything I can think of, from clearing the registry, checking out various registry flags such as for userinit, ive disabled services, uninstalled several things and a ton of other things. does anyone know what the problem may be? thanks.
Nemesis2k2
Nemesis2k2
Anyone shoved a call to shutdown.exe in your startup folder or RunOnce reg key by any chance?
Coward
Coward
Quote:
Original post by Jinx3d1
I have tried everything I can think of, from clearing the registry, checking out various registry flags such as for userinit, ive disabled services, uninstalled several things...

Just out of curiousity, how did you do this without login in?
Don't Temp Fate..
Thermodynamics
Thermodynamics
Are you using a laptop?
[s]I am a signature virus. Please add me to your signature so that I may multiply.[/s]I am a signature anti-virus. Please use me to remove your signature virus.
Michalson
Michalson
Did you recently clone/do a switch with your harddrive? You can get into that kind of a weird loop if the NTFS label on the drive is not C (the OS boots from the "boot drive", thinking it is C up until the login process, then the login process attempts to load the rest of your setup from drive C...which does not exist or does not contain Windows).
Ravuya
Ravuya
Tried safe mode?

Dunno if that would do anything, but it might.

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.