Original Post
I know there are things all over the internet about this, and i'm sure this comes up a lot on these forums, but it's my first time and I need help. I'm trying to set up Allegro for use with my Dev-C++ compiler. I've been all over the http://www.allegro.cc, sourceforge.net/project/screenshots.php?group_id=2435, and http://www.mingw.org/ pages time and time again. I try to follow the steps, but the instructions for what to download next are so confusing. I think that pages have changed and files have moved since the writing of the instructions. I think i've managed to get some progress. Here's what i've done: Since the links on http://www.allegro.cc/files/install-devcpp.html at step 2 under "Step by Step" are screwy and the directions are confusing, I found on http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/mingw a download for "MinGW 5.0.0", which I took to be the latest full download for MinGW. After downloading this, I went into the DOS Prompt step of testing the installation and compiling Allegro. Here is what I see: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v497/furinto/prompt.jpg I get an error... and I don't know what's wrong or how to fix it. So! My question here is this. Can anybody give me an up-to-date, step-by-step guide to installing Allegro (and/or MinGW) for Dev-C++? It's just that I feel like out-of-date instructions and links are what's confusing me.