Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

DirectPlay and Flight Sim 2004

Started by felisandria Nov 7, 2005 at 5:51 PM 1 replies 1.1k views
Original Post
felisandria
felisandria
I'm trying to upgrade an old DirectPlay-based program that hooks up to Flight Simulator 2000 to work with Flight Simulator 2004. In 2000, I start our software, then go to Flight Simulator 2000, select the multiplayer option, and it automatically finds the reference to our software as a fellow Flight Simulator 2000 pilot hosting a multiplayer game. In 2004, Flight Simulator 2004 cannot see our application, even when I try to help it along by specifying the IP address of our application. How do you instruct an application to say "Hey, I'm a Flight Sim 2004 player ready to host!"? I'm assuming I'm doing something wrong in an ID or string somewhere that would tell Flight Simulator 2004 that our application is also a Flight Simulator 2004 application and identify it as a "hosting pilot" in order to hook up. How do DirectPlay applications usually recognize applications of the same type? Any ideas? Thanks -fel
~ The opinions stated by this individual are the opinions of this individual and not the opinions of her company, any organization she might be part of, her parrot, or anyone else. ~
felisandria
felisandria
I have the right GUID (at least if the documentation is right I have the right GUID) but it's just not showing up.

-fel
~ The opinions stated by this individual are the opinions of this individual and not the opinions of her company, any organization she might be part of, her parrot, or anyone else. ~

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.