Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

[web] PHP and XML

Started by pwebrick Dec 15, 2005 at 3:16 PM 2 replies 750+ views
Original Post
pwebrick
pwebrick
I have been working on updating my website and I want to have an XML blog writer, where i would write my blog entries into one application and it would spit out an xml file with the entry for that day then the website would read the XML file parse out the XML and format the entry onto the website. I have the application done in C#.NEt and was wondering about tutorials on or function references that are easier to understand that the PHP help manual. I have started working on parsing XML in PHP but found it not as intuitive as the C#.NET implementation.
PwebrickDeveloper - Looking for work in gaming industry
konForce
konForce
What version of PHP are you using? Version 5 of PHP has much nicer XML functions than 4.

Is there any reason why you cannot just use a premade RSS (a standard XML news feed) class for PHP? It sounds like that's all you need, and I'm sure that many exist.
pwebrick
pwebrick
Yeah i am using PHP 5 but the problem is i am using a pre made XML file by my created application the RSS feeds won't work in parsing the XML file. I would like to manually parse the XML file using some PHP parsing functions similar to the XmlReader class in .NET.
PwebrickDeveloper - Looking for work in gaming industry
konForce
konForce
See SimpleXML for reading and parsing an external XML file.

If you have any specific questions, just ask.

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.