Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Milkshape 3d

Started by Beaverbutt8 Dec 18, 2005 at 2:28 PM 4 replies 900+ views
Original Post
Beaverbutt8
Beaverbutt8
Hi guys, I'm have Brett Porter's MS3D loader, but i get a ton of errors when i try to compile it. I've tried to get help with it for the past few days, but i haven't gotten anywhere. Does anyone know of a DIFEERENT ms3d loader for OpenGL that is easy to use? It would help alot Thanks Mike
cowsarenotevil
cowsarenotevil
I know MS3D is the default format for MilkShape 3D, but is there any reason other than that that you want to use it as a format in your game? It seems like one of the more common formats will likely have more information and more people will have written loaders for it.
-~-The Cow of Darkness-~-
comedypedro
comedypedro
Write your own, its easy and that way you can use only the parts of the file that you want.
Nit
Nit
I've actually been very happy using the ms3d format. I came across these same bugs when I first started out with Brett's code. If you go to rsn.gamedev.net, look for the link to user forums. There hasn't been activity on those forums for a long time, so besure to view all posts. There are fixes for the compilation problems in there.

As for your problem, it is probably the following:

// Default alignment
#ifdef _MSC_VER
# pragma pack( pop, packing )
#endif

Just remove it from the cpp
Beaverbutt8
Beaverbutt8
Quote:
Original post by Nit
I've actually been very happy using the ms3d format. I came across these same bugs when I first started out with Brett's code. If you go to rsn.gamedev.net, look for the link to user forums. There hasn't been activity on those forums for a long time, so besure to view all posts. There are fixes for the compilation problems in there.

As for your problem, it is probably the following:

// Default alignment
#ifdef _MSC_VER
# pragma pack( pop, packing )
#endif

Just remove it from the cpp




Thats an understatment, i dont think anyone has ever posted there, lol! look


http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/forum.asp?forum_id=36
Nit
Nit
You have to show all threads (there is a drop down menu to the left of the "New Thread" button).

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.