Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Keyframing

Started by Bezben Jan 8, 2006 at 10:04 PM 0 replies 900+ views
Original Post
Bezben
Bezben
I have a keyframe model loaded into memory. I'm trying to lerp the vertices on two frames on the gpu in a vertex shader, this all works fine. My question is, what is the best way to push the vertices through? Currently I load each frame into on VBO and then use glVertexPointer/glTexCoordPointer w/ extensions for multiple texture coordinates to upload the next frame as a float3 texture coordinate. Thing is, I have 1000s of fairly small VBOs and I think this is probably not good. But I can't think of a nice way to put the whole lot into one big VBO and then reference two frames, I think that would need two sets of index buffers? Maybe VBOs are not the way to go. I'd appriciate any advice on the matter.
Lord Faron
Lord Faron
If You want to use this type of keyframing VBOs are certainly not a good idea. Loading small data chunks into 1000 VBOs doesn't give any speed just eats memory. Try using the traditional method.
if (time() == $) { $ = 0; }

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.