Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Creating 3D Models

Started by PNT Jan 14, 2006 at 2:04 PM 7 replies 1.5k views
Original Post
PNT
PNT
anyone know where I can get a programm for creating 3D models? I would like to be free if possible.
intransigent-seal
intransigent-seal
Free options:
Blender
Wings3D

Shareware:
Milkshape 3D
AC3D

There are many others as well (along with far more expensive software like Maya). Personally, I would recommend Blender, but it takes a while using it before it really 'clicks'. Before it does, you'll probably hate the interface, afterwards, you'll probably love it.

John B
The best thing about the internet is the way people with no experience or qualifications can pretend to be completely superior to other people who have no experience or qualifications.
briandra3
briandra3
www.blender3d.org
briandra3
briandra3
Well to download it you go to

http://www.blender3d.org/cms/Blender.31.0.html

and then pick the platform you're on. If you're using IE you can pick "Run" to just execute the setup program right when it's done downloading. Once the program's installed, there should be a desktop icon and a shortcut on the start menu. (Of course, this is all assuming you're using windows)
intransigent-seal
intransigent-seal
Quote:
Original post by LongQuest
you forgot where he could download blender, but I would like to know to, cause I'm doing a game in 3D

Sorry, I assumed that once given the names, doing a google search on them to find the websites wouldn't be too onerous a task.

John B
The best thing about the internet is the way people with no experience or qualifications can pretend to be completely superior to other people who have no experience or qualifications.

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.