Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

A program for editing tiles?

Started by Four Jan 27, 2006 at 4:40 PM 4 replies 1k views
Original Post
Four
Four
Hi, Is there a program that can edit costume tile data? Currently Ive been using notepad. The format of the tile data is as follows [width] [height] [width*height amount of numbers seperated by spaces] Or atleast give different color to each number so I can "see" better of how the game looks like. Thank you!
scgrn
scgrn
Have a look at Mappy.
Ravuya
Ravuya
I don't know if this will work, but Tile Molester supports a ton of tile formats.
Four
Four
Tile Molester is very nice for binary. I have my program already well intergrated for ascii reading. Is it possible to set it up to recongnise that the file is ascii and not binary. It can asign each number a color and I can work like its an image thats good enough for me :).
Extrarius
Extrarius
Why not just write a program to convert binary files to the text format used by your program? It should be a trivial task
"Walk not the trodden path, for it has borne it's burden." -John, Flying Monk
scgrn
scgrn
Mappy lets you export text files with almost the exact format you described.

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.