Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

phone for dev

Started by garconbifteck Feb 1, 2006 at 12:32 AM 1 replies 1k views
Original Post
garconbifteck
garconbifteck
Hi I'm getting a new mobile phone today (dropped the Samsung D500 and broke the screen for the fifth time!! grr!) Wondering if anyone can reccomend a mobile phone that'll be good for developing for? Last time I looked into it was with the D500 and basically it turned out it would be a terrible phone as the only way to get the games to the phone would be to download them (costly) and the java implementation was meanta be shitty. So basically the phones open to me with the new contract will be pretty much all new phones excluding the smart phones and stuff. Obviously also I don't want to end up with a dud phone, I quite liked the D500 aside from the fact that I always seemed to wake up from a night out with no memory of how that screen stopped working.
garconbifteck
garconbifteck
Oops, just to mention I will be using J2ME.
shmoove
shmoove
The newer Sony Ericsson phones (like the K750) are really handy for development because you can do on device debugging using the bluetooth connection. The MIDP implementations are quite good, and they also support the Nokia proprietary APIs so you can prepare and test Nokia versions on them. Check out their developer portal and see what phones supports all the optional APIs you want to have.

shmoove

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.