Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Can't supply # of elements for vertex arrays?

Started by Rock2000 Feb 11, 2006 at 5:24 PM 0 replies 650+ views
Original Post
Rock2000
Rock2000
This isn't for a game, but I'm amazed that this ability doesn't appear to be available. If I have a large number of line segments, but the number of vertices per line can be variable, there is no way to do a bulk draw of this data? Basically I want to draw multiple linestrips, but the lines are generally 2-6 verticies each. I could even order then by length, but there is still no way to tell OpenGL to draw 20 linestrips, with each linestrip consisting of 3 vertices, from the given vertex array. Is this correct? I think I saw an extension that may do this, but I'm hoping for a core OpenGL feature. I;m guessing I could probably use vertex shaders to do this also? Thanks.

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.