Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Making words is fun!

Started by KittyRa Feb 14, 2006 at 5:22 PM 29 replies 3.5k views
Original Post
KittyRa
KittyRa
Does anyone else like to make up stupid words? Some of my favorites: Ababopaba cloot // is this a real word?? arobatussin + many others that I can't remember [smile]
F-R-E-D F-R-E-D-B-U-R...G-E-R! - Yes!
CTar
CTar
No...

So why do you make up words? And what do they mean?
KittyRa
KittyRa
Quote:
Original post by CTar
No...

So why do you make up stupid words (please note stupid was the word used by the OP)? And what do they mean?
I don't know, I guess I just get really bored...that or it's kind of fun. They mean whatever I want them to mean (in other words—nothing.

F-R-E-D F-R-E-D-B-U-R...G-E-R! - Yes!
Avatar God
Avatar God
Ooh, ooh, I know: Abalamahalamatandra!

Um, I didn't make this one up, but it means "Key."
gsgraham.comSo, no, zebras are not causing hurricanes.
JBourrie
JBourrie
Only when I'm trying to describe something and I don't have the perfect word for it, and then the person I'm talking to looks at me funny because it was a strange use of a common concept (things like bananery or sticklet).
Tiffany_Smith
Tiffany_Smith
Only when I stub my toe... for instance "Aiiiiiyyyyyeeeeeyaaaabuuuuuchiwa"

It means "that really bleepin hurt and if you laugh I will hit you".
skyfire
skyfire
Quote:
Original post by aidan_walsh
I believe Tolkien may have had a mild interest.


if he was a zombie, of course.
skyfire
skyfire
here are some interesting words that i've made up. imo, they sound funny when you say them. if you use any of these words in a sentence, i'll sue.

clitorina
pyneous
dutchee
wulker
flum
gorch
DrewGreen
DrewGreen
Quote:
Original post by jjd
v. scrotomatic
to perform an action in a manly way


accompany with appropriate masturbatory hand action to indicate approval of said action.

b. friendly and/or derogatory term for a young male exhibiting the exact opposite characteristics.
"I must not fear. Fear is the mindkiller. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn to see fear's path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain." ~Frank Herbert, DuneMy slice of the web
Bincho
Bincho
Superconjungulopimpsaturific
Lulupopenheimergotserzotlu

I cannot take credit for these, but they are in fact awesome words.
DogCity
DogCity
The best 'new' words are simply combinations of current words. Observe.

slopwand
megasiev
bandyshaft
merryfusepot
------ ----- ---- --- -- -Export-Games.com is searching for talented and friendly developers. Visit our Help Wanted post for more info!My Indie development uber Journal - A game production walk through.
Servant of the Lord
Servant of the Lord
Quote:
Original post by Beer Hunter
This topic is very shivvable.


lol. Wasn't that on 8bt theater?
ChaosX2
ChaosX2
shazbot!
Beer Hunter
Beer Hunter
Quote:
Original post by Servant of the Lord
Quote:
Original post by Beer Hunter
This topic is very shivvable.
lol. Wasn't that on 8bt theater?
I don't think so. If it were, I think it would be a bit more commonly used...
trevaaar
trevaaar
I'll nerp you good.

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.