Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Helpdesk software recommmendation?

Started by griffenjam Mar 3, 2006 at 1:55 PM 2 replies 1k views
Original Post
griffenjam
griffenjam
I need to purchase helpdesk software for the department I work for in the UC (University). I'm looking into packages and am at the end of my rope. I can't find anything really great that meets our needs and am turning to the one source that always knows a bit about everything. I need a helpdesk package that can trakc trouble tickets, has user createable field for things like fund number, and can assign a monetary value to technicions time, AND print invoices AND generate reports about who is doing what for who and for how much money. A tall order I know, but I'm aginst the wall and can't find a solution.
KaptainKomunist
KaptainKomunist
When I was a helpdesk monkey, we used HEAT. It works prety well.

http://www.smasystems.com/
http://www.targetfour.com/hd/products/heat/
Maega
Maega
At my college, we use Datatrack

It does everything you want except for the user created field. I do not believe it supports that. I've never found that option anywhere.

Edit: Must be because we use an older version. Right there on the screenshot is a user defined field thing.
griffenjam
griffenjam
Thanks for the info. Can you configure how datatrack looks at all? Some of the fields seem to be obnoxiously long for the data they are collecting (e-mail field streching the width of the page...).

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.