Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

C# Programmer Looking to Start/Join Something Small

Started by Darkneon Mar 11, 2006 at 9:42 AM 1 replies 600+ views
Original Post
Darkneon
Darkneon
Hey guys, I am looking for something that goes toward learning since I do not consider myself a 3D expert. Idea 1 Here's a small project I thought of a couple of weeks ago. It is small and covers a lot of game development grounds which is why I really like it. I could do it alone, except that I am lacking time and doing it with someone will be much more fun. Idea 2 A small FPS or 3rd Person View Demo. Again, something small such as one level, packed with enemies and a time limit to kill them all. Idea 3 Here's something that I see as really interesting and adventurous. "Dissecting" a C# 3D Engine, meaning take a current 3D engine and understand how the different parts work together. It has huge potential for learning purposes. Once we know the engine well, we can develop something with it--go to Idea 2. I propose the Purple# engine because it relies heavily on shaders and also the author is converting it to .Net 2.0. Idea 4 I do not mind joining a small team. What I am looking for is a C#/MDX project that is at the beginning of its development. My current drawback is time. Managing school, work and AOE3 (:P) leaves me around 10 hours per week for programming. I think this should be enough for a small project though. You can PM or email me at darkneon@caramail.com Darkneon
Vantera
Vantera
Hey check out my game idea. The first version of it will be very simplified, so it will probably be good for learning. Future versions will become very in depth though. Let me know if you're interested in helping out.

http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=381097
EricHype1
EricHype1
Sent you an email Darkneon

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.