Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Eurovision Song Contest 2006 -- Finland Entry

Started by MindWipe Mar 19, 2006 at 5:03 PM 8 replies 2.5k views
Original Post
MindWipe
MindWipe
Finland is know for it's crappy eurovision songs. Atleast now we've got style:
">Lordi -- Hard Rock Halleluja
No joke. I'm looking forward to the comments we'll get ^__^ Sweden: Go Carola! Thumbs up for her /MindWipe EDIT: Ok, so it's no Eurovison song. But I found it kinda catchy (blush)
"To some its a six-pack, to me it's a support group."
Spoonbender
Spoonbender
I thought Eurovision was known for its crappy Eurovision songs... I thought that was the entire point of the show... Never noticed Finland being particularly bad...
MindWipe
MindWipe
Quote:
Original post by Spoonbender
I thought Eurovision was known for its crappy Eurovision songs... I thought that was the entire point of the show... Never noticed Finland being particularly bad...


Sweden have had many good songs, but that was long ago (Waterloo anyone?). Yeah, now a days most songs suck.


And here's Lordi for the ones too lazy to click the link:

"To some its a six-pack, to me it's a support group."
sirob
sirob
I would vote for it if I were home during the contest :).

It's pretty good, though unlike any other song that's likely to be in the contest.
Sirob Yes.» - status: Work-O-Rama.
ViLiO
ViLiO
Quote:
Original post by MindWipe
...good songs...Waterloo...

Please tell me you are kidding [lol]

The finland entry this year looks great though. The whole contest is a joke so countries should always put forward their silliest songs/bands [smile]
Richard 'ViLiO' Thomasv.net | Twitter | YouTube
Coward
Coward
Goddamnit. Now I have to watch the show and vote for another country than my own this year...
Don't Temp Fate..
matt_j
matt_j
Watch this...
...and this.


They say they were disqualified from Eurovision.

[Edited by - matt_j on March 20, 2006 12:57:34 AM]
MindWipe
MindWipe
Quote:
Original post by BBB
LoL thx for the support but our songs tend to suck. Abba made one of the few good Eurovision songs and Pontare's first song was a bit cool, but besides those; na :P . Finns tend to have a much better music-taste IMO.

Edit: did they win or not? I hope they did and if memory serves then a Swedish newspaper said they did.


Did who win? :S The Eurovision is in May I think?

Also I liked "Tusen och en natt"... seriously... I'll go and remove my manly parts now, as they apparently don't belong on me.

/MindWipe
"To some its a six-pack, to me it's a support group."
basement
basement
Ugh looks like my country doesn't even participate this time (not that I'd care anyway)

That Lordi song wasn't bad tho! Just missing a kickass guitar solo. You got my vote for sure.

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.