Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

(With source) Yes friends I just wet myself. And I'm very thankful for it.

Started by Alpha_ProgDes Mar 23, 2006 at 4:15 PM 76 replies 10.9k views
Original Post
Alpha_ProgDes
Alpha_ProgDes
The revolution will play not only NES, SNES, and N64 games... but TurboGrafx-16 AND Sega Genesis games blessed be the video games gods. Teh Source!
Beginner in Game Development?  Read here. And read here.  
Drakkcon
Drakkcon
. . . .

0_0
AnonymousPosterChild
AnonymousPosterChild
Hmm...

You know, I'm willing to bet that the Revo will probably be able to download new emulation setups to allow for more game consoles in the future.

I'm just thinkin here...
With love, AnonymousPosterChild
aidan_walsh
aidan_walsh
Quote:
Original post by Alpha_ProgDes
The revolution will play not only NES, SNES, and N64 games... but

TurboGrafx-16 AND Sega Genesis games blessed be the video games gods.


A Nintendo console playing Sega system games? Fanboys the world over are dropping dead at this very moment.

Source?
www.aidanwalsh(.net)(.info)
extralongpants
extralongpants
Do you have a source? I don't want to wet myself too, until I know this is real.
Sneftel
Sneftel
If true, this would be incredibly great. I just wet myself, and I'd like a plausible excuse for it.
dpadam450
dpadam450
If true? Come on guys read the news!!!!! Yea Iwata at GDC, stated it. Check out....any website.
NBA2K, Madden, Maneater, Killing Floor, Sims 
OrangyTang
OrangyTang
Quote:
Original post by aidan_walsh
Quote:
Original post by Alpha_ProgDes
The revolution will play not only NES, SNES, and N64 games... but

TurboGrafx-16 AND Sega Genesis games blessed be the video games gods.


A Nintendo console playing Sega system games? Fanboys the world over are dropping dead at this very moment.

Source?

It's not that surprising, given that we've already had a Sonic game on a Nintendo console, and Nintendo even got Sega to produce F-Zero for the GC.
shmoove
shmoove
This console is looking more and more like _the_ choice for this generation.

shmoove
aidan_walsh
aidan_walsh
Quote:
Original post by shmoove
This console is looking more and more like _the_ choice for this generation.

shmoove


If it has a decent catalogue of games that take full control of it, then yes. If not, you're buying a very expensive emulator.
www.aidanwalsh(.net)(.info)
shmoove
shmoove
Nintendo have a good track record when it comes to making games. And the new controller opens up many possibilities.

shmoove
Promit
Promit
Quote:
Original post by shmoove
This console is looking more and more like _the_ choice for this generation.
Are you sure you don't mean it's _the_ choice for playing games from 3 generations ago?
SlimDX | Ventspace Blog | Twitter | Diverse teams make better games. I am currently hiring capable C++ engine developers in Baltimore, MD.
TheFez6255
TheFez6255
Quote:
Original post by shmoove
Nintendo have a good track record when it comes to making games. And the new controller opens up many possibilities.

shmoove


While Nintendo makes good games, theres been a lack of 3rd party games that really make me want to buy the GC (hence I don't own one). As such it makes buying the Rev an iffy prospect. If they can get 3rd party companies to sign on for this console it will definately be the one I buy. Its the only console thus far that I'm really all that interested in from the pure potential of it. Otherwise I'll just wait for the prices to drop and buy which ever one has the best selection of games.
shmoove
shmoove
Quote:
Original post by Promit
Quote:
Original post by shmoove
This console is looking more and more like _the_ choice for this generation.
Are you sure you don't mean it's _the_ choice for playing games from 3 generations ago?


You say that like it's a bad thing.

shmoove
jfclavette
jfclavette
Have they changed their stance tough ? As of now, they said they wouldn't be supporting HD, which would kind of suck. And if you add that it won't play DVD out of the box either...

The list of ported games will probably be the dealmaker/breaker for me. Man, SNES+Genesis+Nes+Gamecube on the same system is freaking awesome.
I teleported home one night; With Ron and Sid and Meg; Ron stole Meggie's heart away; And I got Sydney's leg. <> I'm blogging, emo style
Lazy Foo
Lazy Foo
I don't see what's so exciting about paying for games I already have.

I'm more interested in the new revolution games.
Learn to make games with my SDL 2 Tutorials
Promit
Promit
Quote:
Original post by shmoove
You say that like it's a bad thing.
If I want to play Genesis games, I'll buy a freaking Genesis off ebay.
SlimDX | Ventspace Blog | Twitter | Diverse teams make better games. I am currently hiring capable C++ engine developers in Baltimore, MD.
shmoove
shmoove
My living room is too small for a NES and a Turbograf-16 and a Genesis and a Super NES and a Nintendo 64 and a Gamecube and a Revolution.

shmoove
Promit
Promit
Well my desk is big enough for a computer, and I've found that's more than adequate.
SlimDX | Ventspace Blog | Twitter | Diverse teams make better games. I am currently hiring capable C++ engine developers in Baltimore, MD.

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.