Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Tell me what you think

Started by Sh8key Apr 1, 2006 at 2:25 PM 0 replies 800+ views
Original Post
Sh8key
Sh8key
Hi I inquired about beginning to mod with half life 2 a couple of days ago and some of things I would need. So I went out and bought every thing I didn't have, mainly the game itself. So now I have a question, I want to make a mod, I am new to modding but have knowledge of programming C++ and want to create a demo mod to let a couple of companies see my experience, is this a good way to do it. Since I am new what do you think about this book I am going to purchase Mapping and Modding Half Life 2 Complete. Also I have the Torque Game Engine both 2D and 3D, would this be a better way.
BrianL
BrianL
What is your long term goal?

I'd go with HL2 unless you are already familiar with Torque and have content. The first barrier most people hit when making mods is a lack of textures/models/etc unless they happen to make them. ;)

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.