Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Question

Started by blart Apr 19, 2006 at 5:03 AM 4 replies 1.4k views
Original Post
blart
blart
Hi, I want to buy the book "Programming RPG with DirectX" 2nd Edition by Jim Adams. I read though that there's some problems with the source code. I'd grateful if someone who has some corrections could send them to me to "chatz_thrilos@yahoo.gr". Blart
Costas
dave
dave
It would be a good learning experience to work these out yourself :).
blart
blart
I know that, but I really need the corrections. In addition, I'm a totally beginner.
Costas
LongInteger
LongInteger
my opinion is that book is a little bit advanced for a beginner. it assumes ur good at c to begin with and then gives some little crash courses in the c++ improvements then goes straight into a framework with a event handler and other things. it is a good book but not a beginners book. ive used that book a lot and never had problems with the source? which bit are you refering to?
blart
blart
Which compiler do you have?
Costas
blanky
blanky
When you work them out yourself you learn a great deal of things. I recently bought "Managed DirectX9 Kickstart" and it has some depecrated things used in its source, I easily fixed it and now I've memorized more of necessary elements.

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.