Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Debugging tutorial

Started by nefthy Apr 22, 2006 at 8:16 AM 0 replies 800+ views
Original Post
nefthy
nefthy
Hi everyone, I am currently working an a debugging tutorial targeted at common problems encauntered in the NeHe and OpenGL forums. I will cover OpenGL specific debugging techniques aswell as some more general that can be usefull. What I have thought of including till now:
  • The glGetError function and some handy tricks to make it easier to use
  • Using a debuger to fix Access Violation (SegFaults)
  • Using a memory debuger (valgrind) to fix memory corruptions
  • Visualizing normals to fix lighting issues
Can you think of anything else that might be usefull to include? Also I use the gnu tool chain for the examples since that is what I am familiar with, so I could use some help from someone who knows both the gnu and the MS Visual Studio tool chains, to "translate" the examples. Any other comments are wellcome as well.

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.