Original Post
Now that I'm quite an experienced programmer in the fields of computer graphics and physics, I've decided to develop my very own game! I'm planning to put all my efforts and skills into it, but the only thing that's stopping me is the fact that I'm completely out of gameplay ideas. I could start developing a clone of some famous game, like many beginners do, but then, the only reaction I can expect for my hard work is, "Oh, another one...", at least from non-developers. Since I'm not getting paid for this, the best reward for me would be if people would actually like the game! I don't want it to be a typical FPS or MMORPG. These are overdone to death, and there's really nothing special I can offer to the players of these genres. Especially considering the fact that I'm just one guy, not Id software or Valve. (Let alone the fact that their games aren't so great anymore, either...) I want my game to be something fresh and original, something funny and crazy... I need some good gameplay to cover the lack of professional engine and art. So here's the reason why I'm posting this: I would like to know, what would you people like to see in a computer game? Just throw some random, original (or at least not overdone) ideas and features you would like to see in a game! If anyone posts a good idea I could use, I'll thank him and put his name in the credits! I know, not much of a reward, but currently there's nothing better I can offer. I'm completely pauperized... ;) I will also release the full source code, so anyone could learn from it. Hopefuly this thread will help other people too!