Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Google Top 100 - Testament to intellegence?

Started by doogle May 2, 2006 at 4:09 AM 14 replies 3k views
Original Post
doogle
doogle
Take a quick look through google's top 100 list. Does the nature of videos the majority of people watch say something about the type of mental stimulation they enjoy?
Boder
Boder
Lady punch LOL
Zipster
Zipster
Quote:
Original post by doogle
Does the nature of videos the majority of people watch say something about the type of mental stimulation they enjoy?

You mean like silly videos that aren't in English? Women getting punched in their faces? Mario?

Well I like all those things too. Except maybe the movies I don't understand, or Mario...
doogle
doogle
Just me who finds them exactly unfunny then?
benryves
benryves
Quote:
Original post by doogle
Just me who finds them exactly unfunny then?
Just because Lady punch is stealing your thunder. (What else would you expect, sad as it may be, from average internet user?)
[Website] [+++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++]
Kuros
Kuros
Judging from the quality of the "mental stimulation" the majority of people seem to prefer and how the crude nature of those videos does not stimulate you, we can only come to the conclusion that yes, doogle, you are in a class for yourself, well beyond and above the grey masses.
Strider_Hiryu
Strider_Hiryu
I'm the Juggernaut Bi0tch!!!

"She wants to be one of yo hookas'"

I didn't think this was gonna make the top 100. I remember seeing it on youtube a couple months ago. That vid is still funny to this day.

It's also awesome to see that the loose change documentary is in 3rd, and 6th place.
We'll bring your children up in the classic English manner, by making them learn latin, and beating them half to death in a single sex environment.
Mithrandir
Mithrandir
Personally, I love stupid humour.

Three Stooges, Mel Brooks, Naked Gun, etc.

:)




A friend of mine once theorized that smarter people like stupid comedy because we spend all day at our jobs doing nothing but thinking, and it feels good to come home and shut your brain off and just laugh at utter stupidity.



But of course, intelligent humour is funny as well, like the Cohen brothers.


Quote:

DORR: Allow me to present myself, uh, formally: Goldthwait Higginson Dorr, Ph.D.

MRS. MUNSON: What, like Elmer?

DORR: Beg your pardon, ma'am?

MRS. MUNSON: Fudd?


BRILLIANT!
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My signature is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My signature, without me, is useless. Without my signature, I am useless.
Boder
Boder
Lady Punch remix LOL, just saw that
dave
dave
The mario one is well worth being up there.
I Like Bread
I Like Bread
Am I not allowed to turn my brain off once in a while? Sometimes I want to laugh at old people getting footballs in the crotch. Sue me.
______Numbermind StudiosCurrently in hibernation.
LessBread
LessBread
Quote:
Original post by Mithrandir
But of course, intelligent humour is funny as well, like the Cohen brothers.


The Marx Brothers had both

Cabinet Member: The Department of Labor wishes to note that the workers of Freedonia are demanding shorter hours.

Rufus T. Firefly: Very well, we'll give them shorter hours. We'll start by cutting their lunch hour to 20 minutes.

"I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes." - the Laughing Man
Samith
Samith
There are so many people on there trying to be like the Numa Numa guy by doing 'music videos' to crappy technoish songs. Unfortunately none of them are as funny as he was.
Boder
Boder
iTALK interesting.

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.