Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Moussaoui given life in prison.

Started by darkzim May 3, 2006 at 4:22 PM 55 replies 7.7k views
Original Post
darkzim
darkzim
The verdict is in: life in prison. CNN
---------------------------------darkzim
Chokki
Chokki
*predicting 5 page thread to follow*

Your Ad Here- PM me for further information [smile]
Quote: Original post by EtnuBwahaha. I would've shot the guy in the balls.
Mithrandir
Mithrandir
And for once, sanity reigns.



/death penalty for someone who has never killed anyone is fucking retarded.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My signature is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My signature, without me, is useless. Without my signature, I am useless.
Mithrandir
Mithrandir
Quote:

"America, you lost," Moussaoui stated, clapping his hands as he left the courtroom. "I won."



Heh, you say that now...


But wait until your cell mate gets lonely and wants to cuddle...
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My signature is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My signature, without me, is useless. Without my signature, I am useless.
darkzim
darkzim
The death penalty isn't just for homocide. The article says that the six counts of conspiracy made him eligible for the death penalty.

Either way, him rotting in a cell for the rest of his life is probably better than making him into a martyr (sp?). He said "I won.", but I'm pretty sure he would have said the same thing if they had decided on the death penalty.

EDIT: @Mithrandir, I think they said he would be sent to max-security solitary-confinement prison. That means no cell-mate. Or any other contact.
---------------------------------darkzim
senelebe
senelebe
The only thing I question is what is the definition of 'life sentence' in this matter? I know in many states a life sentence is about 20 years. Is he going to be free oneday to plot and scheme mass destruction again? LOL, oh right that assumes he actually lives through his first week in our penal system, nevermind.
Character73
Character73
If you mess with the U.S.A., you are going to die or rot in jail!

God Bless America, and kill all those that are anti-American.
God, Guns, Guts and Glory!
Go Bush!
I love Microsoft with all my heart! Resist anything else!
Toolmaker
Toolmaker
You know what's funny? The guy is a psychofrenic, and has probably nothing to do with the entire 9/11 drama. But, since a part of the Americans wanna see blood, he's the one who's blood has to flow.

Even Al Qaida said he has nothing to do with the attack...

Toolmaker
 
Will F
Will F
If I was given the choice of the death penalty of life without possibility of parole in a Federal Supermax Prison, I think I might choose death.

Quote:
In Supermax prisons, prisoners are often allowed out of their cells for only an hour a day; often they are kept in solitary confinement. They receive their meals through "food ports" in the doors of their cells. Often they are given nothing to do, no work or assigned activities, except in many Supermax prisons, including the Federal Supermax in Florence, Colorado, the prisoners are allowed to have a television. When Supermax inmates are allowed access to an exercise area, often this is just a small cage, not much different from their cells, in which they are taken to "exercise" alone. Prisoners are under constant surveillance, usually with video cameras. Cell doors are often automated and often opaque, designed to prevent prisoners from seeing outside their cells. Conditions are extremely spartan, with poured concrete furniture the norm. Cell walls, and sometimes plumbing as well, are often soundproofed to prevent communication between the inmates.
Mithrandir
Mithrandir
Quote:
Original post by Character73
If you mess with the US, you are going to die or rot in jail!

Good Bless America, and kill all those that are anti-American.
God, Guns, Guts and Glory!
Go Bush!



Okay, this sounds like an extreme case of sarcasm.



So I assume you completely disagree with his conviction.


But come on; the guy has stated a public and unrelenting desire to make us die, and participated in terrorist planning against us.

How could we possibly NOT lock him up from society? Now he's where he's incapable of doing any harm to us, and we'll be able to learn about what makes a person this batshit crazy, so we can maybe prevent it in the future.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My signature is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My signature, without me, is useless. Without my signature, I am useless.
rohde
rohde
Quote:
Original post by Toolmaker
You know what's funny? The guy is a psychofrenic, and has probably nothing to do with the entire 9/11 drama. But, since a part of the Americans wanna see blood, he's the one who's blood has to flow.

Even Al Qaida said he has nothing to do with the attack...

Toolmaker


Do you mean "schizophrenic"?
"We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." -Francois de La Rochefoucauld (1613 - 1680). | My blog
Mithrandir
Mithrandir
Quote:
Original post by Toolmaker
You know what's funny? The guy is a psychofrenic, and has probably nothing to do with the entire 9/11 drama. But, since a part of the Americans wanna see blood, he's the one who's blood has to flow.

Even Al Qaida said he has nothing to do with the attack...

Toolmaker


Right, everyone who has studied the case knows that he had nothing to do with 9/11, but the fact remains that he was part of another plot that we don't know about, and was still a danger to everyone.


And I resent that "Americans wanna see blood" comment. I don't want to see his blood flow. I was 100% against the death penalty for him. I do, however, support locking him up in a nice little safe place, where he can't do any harm.

Would you seriously want him wandering around free in your country?
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My signature is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My signature, without me, is useless. Without my signature, I am useless.
rohde
rohde
Quote:
Original post by Character73
If you mess with the U.S.A., you are going to die or rot in jail!

God Bless America, and kill all those that are anti-American.
God, Guns, Guts and Glory!
Go Bush!


I'm not sure whether you're a left-wing with sarcasm, or a trigger happy crazy right-wing.

Either way, and what ever you may think of the whole geo-political situation, I think no Americans need to loose sleep over this one.
"We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." -Francois de La Rochefoucauld (1613 - 1680). | My blog
Character73
Character73
Quote:
Original post by Mithrandir
Quote:
Original post by Character73
If you mess with the US, you are going to die or rot in jail!

Good Bless America, and kill all those that are anti-American.
God, Guns, Guts and Glory!
Go Bush!



Okay, this sounds like an extreme case of sarcasm.



So I assume you completely disagree with his conviction.


But come on; the guy has stated a public and unrelenting desire to make us die, and participated in terrorist planning against us.

How could we possibly NOT lock him up from society? Now he's where he's incapable of doing any harm to us, and we'll be able to learn about what makes a person this batshit crazy, so we can maybe prevent it in the future.



No preference for either penalty (both jail and death are pretty bad).
Just glad justice is served.
I love Microsoft with all my heart! Resist anything else!
Character73
Character73
Quote:
Original post by rohde
Quote:
Original post by Character73
If you mess with the U.S.A., you are going to die or rot in jail!

God Bless America, and kill all those that are anti-American.
God, Guns, Guts and Glory!
Go Bush!


I'm not sure whether you're a left-wing with sarcasm, or a trigger happy crazy right-wing.

Either way, and what ever you may think of the whole geo-political situation, I think no Americans need to loose sleep over this one.

Trigger happy all the way! :)
Republican till the day I die.
lol, The gamedev members now know where I stand politically.


Alright, who's comming with me. <-- quote taken from Jerry McGuire
I love Microsoft with all my heart! Resist anything else!
shmoove
shmoove
Quote:
Original post by Character73
If you mess with the U.S.A., you are going to die or rot in jail!



shmoove
Cold_Steel
Cold_Steel
Quote:
Original post by Character73
God Bless America, and kill all those that are anti-American.
So, I still can't figure out, is this sarcasm or not?

I'm glad he got life. This wait he can sit in prison until no one even remembers who he is, instead of being martyred and having all the fanatics pointing it out.

Also, @shmoove, well played. Well played indeed.
______"Man is born free, and everywhere he is in chains" - J.J. Rousseau
ArchWizard
ArchWizard
Quote:
Original post by Cold_Steel
I'm glad he got life. This wait he can sit in prison until no one even remembers who he is[...]


You mean like that other guy who tried to blow up the WTC in 1993? You know: What's-His-Face? (He's actually known as Ramzi Yousef. I can usually remember it, but for some reason I had to look it up this time. I suppose this validates Cold_Steel's point.) Last I heard, he's in solitary confinement in the Supermax prison. He didn't start in solitary confinement, though: They put him in there after all of the mind games he played on his former accomplices who were in there with him caused one of them to snap and try to kill him.1 I thought that was pretty funny, actually.

So, I guess people actually do remember people in solitary. Just, you know, not often. And I never hear anyone refer to Yousef as anything resembling a martyr, so I guess that part works.


1 Source: The New Jackals by Simon Reeve
"Sir, it is pie." - Mark TwainThe ArchWizard's site.
SticksandStones
SticksandStones
That jail sounds like it is designed to drive someone insane.
I think the guy should be executed, because anything is better than that place.
hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia- the fear of big words
LessBread
LessBread
Quote:
Original post by senelebe
The only thing I question is what is the definition of 'life sentence' in this matter? I know in many states a life sentence is about 20 years. Is he going to be free oneday to plot and scheme mass destruction again? LOL, oh right that assumes he actually lives through his first week in our penal system, nevermind.


That also assumes that Moussaoui has sufficient brain power to plot and scheme.




I was glad to see that the jury was far more sane than Moussaoui. This way they can lock that guy up and we won't have to hear about him ever again. If they had chosen the death penalty, there would be several more rounds of trials and appeals and on and on and 15 years from now there would be another media circus over his execution and so on. This way it's over and done and all that we'll ever hear about him again is when his appeals for parole are turned down again and again just as with Sirhan Sirhan and Charles Manson.
"I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes." - the Laughing Man

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.