Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Visual C++ express Profiler

Started by Photonman May 13, 2006 at 12:12 PM 2 replies 1.4k views
Original Post
Photonman
Photonman
Express will let you fiddle with the project options so that (according to the man pages) it will make some file that can be used by the Enterprise edition profiler. Is there a way that *I* can use the file to find out how time is spent by my programs? Oh, and I can't find which one that theoretical file might be, either, since VC++ makes about thirty files for every "solution"....
______Stranger things have happened...The Following Sentence is True. The Above Sentence is False.
Stowelly
Stowelly
i was just about to make a post asking about the possibility of a vc2005 express profiler

considering the compuware one is only for 2003 studio

sorry to hijack your thread
http://stowelly.co.uk/
Photonman
Photonman
Not a hijack at all......I wouldn't mind a third-party tool....Anyone know more about this?
______Stranger things have happened...The Following Sentence is True. The Above Sentence is False.
Fruny
Fruny
VC2005 Express does not include a profiler.
Profile-guided optimization is only available in VS2005 Professional and higher.

I don't think the profile data format is documented.
"Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it." — Brian W. Kernighan

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.