Original Post
Hi Just a question about the future of Java, and what it promises. I found that the GUI it offers is much better than GTK, Qt, or any other package out there, even the MFC on their platforms. Correct me if I'm wrong. But what about performace? When I resize the frame of a java window, the gui compoenets don't update until I release the resize borders. Is it a trick to hide the slowness of java gui rendering? How can I toggle that if possible in the program? Now if Java is very well structured and OO designed, and it offers alot in terms of network to graphics, wirelss to workstations paltforms, why can it be the dominant over other technologies like .NET, and becomes, listen here carefully: hardware ACCELERATED, somethign like the interpeter is part of the hardware or at least the hardware can interpret the core elements of the language, tied to the hardware like C tied to assembly.