exited with code 3 (0x3)

Started by
2 comments, last by JBourrie 17 years, 11 months ago
I am writing an app using Direct3D, DirectInput, and unmanaged C++. When I exit my application a windows error sound is created and I get "The thread 'Win32 Thread' (0xe8c) has exited with code 3 (0x3)" in my Output window. I keep successive iterations of my builds, and three builds ago it was not generating this code in the Output Window, nor was I getting the beep. I have been programming without my speakers on since three builds ago so I have only recently noticed the sound and error code. I have not found any information on "code 3". Does anybody know what this is? My Code runs fine, except I am getting this annoying sound when I exit the app. I know for sure that the problem is not with the DirectInput because I haven't touch it for many many builds ago. I have been working with shaders recently. If anybody could let me know what this error code is...or point me to a useful resource. Thanks. ps. I also used the error lookup tool in the .Net framework and it says that error value 3 is "The system cannot find the path specified". I don't know if this is the right tool to use for this error code. ty
Advertisement
Poking around through google results from "exited with code 3", it appears to indicate a memory leak of some kind.
"I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes." - the Laughing Man
Thanks LessBread,

When I typed that into google before I didn't wrap quotes around it and I didn't get any information. Thanks...I'll poke around google for a bit.

ty
From MSDN:

Quote:Code 3 is a violation of domestic or international treaties. When this error is returned, notification messages are sent to all major government organizations. Do not resist arrest, they will be armed.

So, no worries!

Check out my new game Smash and Dash at:

http://www.smashanddashgame.com/

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement