Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Real Time HDR image based lighting

Started by PumpkinPieman Jun 22, 2006 at 6:17 PM 3 replies 4k views
Original Post
PumpkinPieman
PumpkinPieman
I came across this application through a friend and I was stunned at how amazing it was. I assume some of us have good cards and if you haven't seen it already you'd be interested in this. Real-Time High Dynamic Range Image-Based Lighting There are screenshots if you don't, but you don't get the full effect. Also, what were your general FPS's? I was getting roughly 20FPS @ 1280x1024x32 4xMultisample. Just stunning stuff. Enjoy. [smile]
jollyjeffers
jollyjeffers
Yup, that's a classic demo - I love it. Ran it as a sort of screen-saver for a while [smile]

I get ~20fps full-screen 1024x768 on a GeForce 6800 (with or without FSAA).

Masaki Kawase's GDC slides are a very interesting resource as well. 2004 Presentation as a .ZIP. I can't find the URL for it now, but his presentation from GDC 2003 on "Double S.T.E.A.L." (or similar) was awesome.

Jack
<hr align="left" width="25%" />
Jack Hoxley <small>[</small><small> Forum FAQ | Revised FAQ |
Cypher19
Cypher19
That demo still looks wicked :D
Flimflam
Flimflam
Quote:
Original post by Namethatnobodyelsetook
That demo is part of recent SDKs. Just go to the sample browser.


It's not actually, it's just linked there. It opens a browser to the site.

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.