Original Post
I got 2 lines, represented each by 2 3D vertexes. So for example the 1st line is represented as [0, 0, 0] -> [1, 1, 1] 2nd line: [1, 0, 1] -> [0, 1, 0] their intersection point should be [0.5, 0.5, 0.5] How would you accomplish this? I've thought of a more programmatical approach: and that is to fill in 10 or 100 vertexes in each line, then finding the minimal distance between a point on the first line, and a point on the 2nd line. If the minimal distance is 0 or close enough to 0 then the lines intersect. However this seems rather crude and inefficient. I thought of using y = ax + bz + c (line equation) but I'm having a little trouble... I got y, x, z. a = (y2 - y1) / (x2 - x1) b = (y2 - y1) / (z2 - z1) c = can be found by deducting the line's equations with two points on the same line. But then if I compare the two line's equations I got 2 variables with one equation (x and z intersection point is unkown, only 1 equation). So I'm stuck... Are my ideas and equations correct? Anyone got a better, fresh idea?