Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

improving Oracle database copying program performance

Started by Kyo Jul 3, 2006 at 6:29 AM 0 replies 900+ views
Original Post
Kyo
Kyo
Say I want to copy many rows from a table in one oracle database to another, what factors would improve performance? It's extremely slow at the moment with a routine for copying one item by retrieving the dataset with that one item then inserting it into the other database, and looping through each row calling that routine every time. Would it be faster to just create one big SQL statement which would retrieve the dataset with all the items in one go, then insert them all in one go? I'm a bit new to all this so any links would be helpful too, thanks. P.S. I'm using Visual C# btw.

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.