Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Saving a Display List to a file

Started by morfe Feb 20, 2001 at 7:25 PM 1 replies 850+ views
Original Post
morfe
morfe
[EDIT] Let me reword this I am creating a list using wglUseFontOutlines(DC, 0, 255, GLF_START_LIST, 0.0, 0.15, WGL_FONT_POLYGONS, @agmf); Where, if you didn't know, GLF_START_LIST is my display list referent. Now the font I am using is not commonly used, and including it with the distribution is something I'm not about to do. What I want to do is DECOMPILE the Display List into GL code, so next time I can use that to create a Display List instead of the font. Right, that makes much more sense. Edited by - morfe on February 21, 2001 1:17:03 AM
"NPCs will be inherited from the basic Entity class. They will be fully independent, and carry out their own lives oblivious to the world around them ... that is, until you set them on fire ..." -- Merrick
Andrew Russell
Andrew Russell
Nope, sorry, it can''t be done.

The best way would be to do it at run time.

I know your a good programer, so prehaps you might be able to program a function or applet to make a font into a model.


ANDREW RUSSELL STUDIOS
Visit Tiberia: it''s bigger, it''s badder, it''s pouyer...
tcs
tcs
If you don''t need 3d fonts, you can write a raster font tga generate in about 5 minutes. If you need 3d, you should mail the author of Xara3D and ask him about this ;-)

Tim

--------------------------
glvelocity.gamedev.net
www.gamedev.net/hosted/glvelocity
Tim--------------------------glvelocity.gamedev.netwww.gamedev.net/hosted/glvelocity

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.