Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

IOTD popups

Started by Neex Jul 25, 2006 at 10:35 AM 1 replies 1.5k views
Original Post
Neex
Neex
Every time I look at an IOTD I get quite frustrated with the way images pop up and vow never to return. The way the images open in a new window is a little annoying in the modern world of tabbed browsing (despite telling Firefox to open everything in a new tab, these ones still open a new window). A more elegant solution would be to AJAX-ify so that when you click one of the thumbnails, that image dynamically loads in place of the large image. If that's too much work I honestly would prefer it if the thumbnail links just linked to the images without fancy window-opening. That way I can decide whether to left-click, middle-click, whatever else. Thanks :)
nuvem
nuvem
I'll second this.

But Neex, AJAX stands for "Asynchronous &#106avascript and XML", of which the requested feature only requires the &#106avascript; people misuse the term so often now it's beyond ridiculous.

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.