Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

D3D 4 vertex fan in VB6

Started by inspired Aug 1, 2006 at 1:00 PM 4 replies 1.1k views
Original Post
inspired
inspired
Can anyone send me VB6 code for any portion of the following?: 1. starting with bitmap in DC 2. stretch copy bitmap to backbuffer via 4 vertex fan in D3D 3. copy whiteness to backbuffer with 8 bit greyscale bitmap as alpha key (to produce watermark) 4. display backbuffer to location on desktop (there are two monitors, which are set up at different locations on the desktop; I want to output to either) 5. This would be a real bonus: to be able to render video to the back buffer using DirectShow, but to either render just one frame at a time or else to have DirectShow raise an event procedure in my VB6 code each time a frame of video rendering is done. This last part is so that I could put my watermark over running video not just bitmaps. NOTE: I need to do all of this in D3D, not DirectDraw. This is a situation where I can count on 3D but not DirectDraw, thus DX8 example(s) ideal. If you can help me fill in any of these blanks, please send code to: dx8 (at) inspiredcode.net Thanks! Robison
Idolotry = Worship(By Ref God)Truth = Worship(By Val God)
intransigent-seal
intransigent-seal
Quote:
Original post by JonnyQuest
No.

Quoted for truth.

Why would anyone do this work for you? There are plenty of resources on the web and in directx documentation where you can learn how to do those things. No one is going to just write the code for you unless you pay them, or at the very least show that you've tried to do it on your own.

John B
The best thing about the internet is the way people with no experience or qualifications can pretend to be completely superior to other people who have no experience or qualifications.
Evil Steve
Evil Steve
1. Why is it in a DC? Can't you get it from wherever the DC got it's image? (Rersource, file, etc).
2. See the SDK for samples on rendering a textured triangle / quad
3. See 2.
4. I don't understand what you mean. Do you want to create 2 D3D windows, one on each monitor? If so, when you create the device, specify the relevent adapter index (0 or 1) for the primary and secondary monitors
5. There was an example in the DX8 SDK (I think, it may have been the DX7 SDK) on rendering DirectShow to a texture. That's probably what you want.
inspired
inspired
>>Why would anyone do this work for you?
They wouldn't; they could potentially have already done it for themself.
Before reinventing the wheel:
1. Search for relevant examples with the buzzwords I have thus far,
2. Check with others for relevant examples, at least relevant buzz words
3. Make my own, based upon the most relevant docs I can find.
(Common sense)

Now to the meat of the matter:
1. It is technically in a bitmap slected into a DC; from various sources,
all of them created on the fly, thus in memory:
In one case it is from a fairly fast video frame renderer,
In another case it is from a bitmap I've prepared via GDI and GDIplus
I am happy to start by assuming I have a handle to a bitmap, which I do.
2. 3. That gives me a direction to look... thanks.
4. That's handy too.
5. Thanks again.

The buzzwords do help a lot.
(The world is found in a well formed search string)


And of course, if anyone just happened to already pass this way, I am
always welcoming VB code. (If someone DID have such and I didn't at
least ask, how stupid of me would that be!)

Thanks again.
Robison
Idolotry = Worship(By Ref God)Truth = Worship(By Val God)
inspired
inspired
Just a quick comment...

I know how lame "plez send code" sounds; but even that, just like "Sleep 0", occasionally has a valid place. I don't think any of us are here for the purpose of avoiding the learning process. Of course I searched; and found brief mentions of ways to do things, and a few C++ examples. As a VB programmer I use C++ docs a lot, but it really helps to find enough VBized examples to hack it all together. If I have to kludge the world from C++ to VB I prefer to at least limit the scope of such. Even a clue, with some search terms as Steve provided, is invaluable. Thanks again.
Idolotry = Worship(By Ref God)Truth = Worship(By Val God)

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.