Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

The one word thread

Started by haro Aug 9, 2006 at 7:16 PM 40 replies 11k views
Original Post
haro
haro
Here's the deal. All posts in this thread, besides this one, must be exactly one word. That word must be at least remotely related in some way to the previous word posted in the thread even if you're the only one who knows how it is. I'm curious where this'll go! I'll start it off: POKER
Pouya
Pouya
Quote:
Original post by AnonymousPosterChild
Shutthefuckupthesethreadsarefuckingreatarded

Beatmetoit
AnonymousPosterChild
AnonymousPosterChild
Quote:
Original post by Pouya
Quote:
Original post by AnonymousPosterChild
Shutthefuckupthesethreadsarefuckingreatarded

Beatmetoit


pwnt
With love, AnonymousPosterChild
Jarrod1937
Jarrod1937
lol, those kind of threads you can only do once in a lifetime of a particular forum... after that it kind of burns itself out and no one wants to do it again.
sorry haro ;)
-------------------------Only a fool claims himself an expert
haro
haro
I was mostly interested in it from a sociological point of view. The first replies were more than sufficient to sum up my opinion of where gamedev's gone. [grin]
AnonymousPosterChild
AnonymousPosterChild
Quote:
Original post by haro
I was mostly interested in it from a sociological point of view. The first replies were more than sufficient to sum up my opinion of where gamedev's gone. [grin]


Its gone to a better place, where people don't play along with this juvenile bullshit.
With love, AnonymousPosterChild
haro
haro
Quote:
Original post by AnonymousPosterChild
Quote:
Original post by haro
I was mostly interested in it from a sociological point of view. The first replies were more than sufficient to sum up my opinion of where gamedev's gone. [grin]


Its gone to a better place, where people don't play along with this juvenile bullshit.


That is way too ironic.
Pouya
Pouya
Quote:
Original post by haro
I was mostly interested in it from a sociological point of view.

No, you weren't. You just wanted to get a shot at the hottest topics list after seeing the success of the very top item in there (the Single Word Game).
This is not the first time someone has attempted this.
LessBread
LessBread
What?
"I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes." - the Laughing Man
haro
haro
Quote:
Original post by Pouya
Quote:
Original post by haro
I was mostly interested in it from a sociological point of view.

No, you weren't. You just wanted to get a shot at the hottest topics list after seeing the success of the very top item in there (the Single Word Game).
This is not the first time someone has attempted this.


No, I started this thread on two forums with entirely different demographics. I was curious how the demographic makeup would impact the 'stream', especially when starting with a relatively loaded first word. Why the hell would I want to be on the "hottest topics list"? Until now, I was not aware there was one. The only reason I used this site was the conflicting demographic.
Michalson
Michalson
This is the main reason we created the rating system; to reduce the number of stupid threads created in the lounge by making most people think before posting. I see your rating has already started to fall because of this thread.
haro
haro
And I give a rat's ass about a rating because?? Serious, I felt this would be an interesting experiment. It's blown up, though the results are still interesting. Thanks.
ArchWizard
ArchWizard
Quote:
Original post by haro
And I give a rat's ass about a rating because?? Serious, I felt this would be an interesting experiment. It's blown up, though the results are still interesting. Thanks.


Just out of curiosity: If the experiment on this end is over, would you mind telling us where the other guinea pig forum is located? I promise we won't post there. (I'd swear on scout's honor, but I was never a Boy Scout...)
"Sir, it is pie." - Mark TwainThe ArchWizard's site.
Pouya
Pouya
Quote:
Original post by haro
And I give a rat's ass about a rating because??

I'm sure you care about it because you rated APC and I down almost rightaway after we conflicted you on this thread.
haro
haro
I prefer to not have a hord of gdnet folks spamming the other forum. In any case folks. Thanks for your cooperation or lack there of. Apologies if this thread offended anybody. Bye.
haro
haro
It was reactionary stupidity Pouya. Yours is corrected. APC's was not reactionary stupidity.
Cold_Steel
Cold_Steel
Caek?

...Dangit! I'm too late. So, is this thread about ponies or something now? Maybe kitties?[smile]
______"Man is born free, and everywhere he is in chains" - J.J. Rousseau
AnonymousPosterChild
AnonymousPosterChild
Quote:
Original post by haro
It was reactionary stupidity Pouya. Yours is corrected. APC's was not reactionary stupidity.


Oh come off it. This was no more an experiment than any other post on gamedev. As was said before, you just wanted to capitalize on a formerly popular thread. Instead, it was decided that this thread wasn't worth anyone's time and now you're throwing a hissy fit.
With love, AnonymousPosterChild

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.