Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Bad gas, or...?

Started by abstractimmersion Aug 22, 2006 at 3:18 PM 83 replies 15.5k views
Original Post
abstractimmersion
abstractimmersion
I woke up this morning feeling really bloated like I had bad gas. But I haven't been able to have a bowel movement all day, so I'm not sure if it is gas. If it is, it's definitely the most painful gas I've had in my life. Also, I've been throwing up everything I've tried to eat today. Now I'm throwing up water too. Anyone ever had problems like this before? Edit: Oh yeah, I guess I'm running a slight fever as well.
AnonymousPosterChild
AnonymousPosterChild
You have AIDS.

Or a serious case of constipation.

I hope its AIDS though, I really dont like you.
With love, AnonymousPosterChild
Programmer One
Programmer One
There are these people that apparantly know a lot about this stuff because they went to this learning place for about 8 years to study about things like this. I've heard you can go talk with these people and that they can actually figure out what is wrong.

I can't recall what they're called or where you can find them though.
necreia
necreia
Quote:
Original post by abstractimmersion
I woke up this morning feeling really bloated like I had bad gas. But I haven't been able to have a bowel movement all day, so I'm not sure if it is gas. If it is, it's definitely the most painful gas I've had in my life.

Also, I've been throwing up everything I've tried to eat today. Now I'm throwing up water too.

Anyone ever had problems like this before?

Edit: Oh yeah, I guess I'm running a slight fever as well.


I've gone to ER 2x for this (EXACTLY as you describe). Neither time did they find out what was wrong.

They did, however, inject me with water (which made me feel a lot better, as you are most likely dehydrating as well), so I advise a trip there if you can.
abstractimmersion
abstractimmersion
Quote:
Original post by AnonymousPosterChild

I hope its AIDS though, I really dont like you.



You'll like me even less as a shrill AIDS activist. I don't think it's AIDS though.
Mushu
Mushu
GO SEE A REAL DOCTOR!!!
Evil Steve
Evil Steve
Quote:
Original post by Programmer One
I can't recall what they're called or where you can find them though.
I think the words you're looking for are "Lawyer", and "Fire Station"
abstractimmersion
abstractimmersion
Quote:
Original post by Mushu
GO SEE A REAL DOCTOR!!!


...yeah. you're gonna die otherwise.
'


I don't have any health insurance. I don't want to go to ER if it isn't an emergency.

Programmer One
Programmer One
Quote:
Original post by Evil Steve
Quote:
Original post by Programmer One
I can't recall what they're called or where you can find them though.
I think the words you're looking for is "Lawyer", and "Fire Station"


Oh right. Thats it I think.
Mushu
Mushu
Quote:
I don't have any health insurance. I don't want to go to ER if it isn't an emergency.


Sounds like what I felt like when my appendix exploded.


A checkup is less expensive than several surgeries and a fortnight in the intensive care unit. kk?
Moe
Moe
Well, considering you are throwing up water, it must be reasonably bad. Did you by chance eat anything that could have made you sick in the past day or two?
Evil Steve
Evil Steve
Ok, I have a plan. Do you own a bicycle pump?
cowsarenotevil
cowsarenotevil
Only time I ever had that was after ingesting barium sulfate for an x-ray. Have you been eating heavy metals lately?
-~-The Cow of Darkness-~-
JSoftware
JSoftware
I've seen one of my friends throw up water.
A crazy coincidence that he had just been drinking 4 litres of water 20 seconds before
EDI
EDI
Quote:
Original post by abstractimmersion
Quote:
Original post by Mushu
GO SEE A REAL DOCTOR!!!


...yeah. you're gonna die otherwise.
'


I don't have any health insurance. I don't want to go to ER if it isn't an emergency.


Get a job with health insurance.

Or move to a better country.
Liquid Darkness
Liquid Darkness
Quote:
Original post by EDI
...Or move to a better country.


That reminds me, any of you Canadians out there know what I would have to do in order to get free health care, if I to move to Canada? Would I need to become a legalized citizen and start paying taxes? If the requirements are tougher than I like, how do you guys treat your illegal immigrants? [wink]

I'm about to lose my medical insurance. *sadface*
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-----I am a signature virus. Please add me to your signature so that I may multiply.
John Schultz
John Schultz
Check your symptoms against a medical database: gas vomiting constipation fever. You should minimally call and try to speak with a doctor.

As for health insurance: pay cash. Health insurance is never free, and lately the costs have been going way up while the benefits have been dropping (most plans). Depending on your age and health, the most cost effective health plan might be hospitalization/catastrophic/major-illness only (pay cash for everything else). When paying cash for ER/Urgent-Care, you can negotiate when you get the bill (sometimes dramatically reducing your fees). Also keep in mind that non ER, urgent care facilities exist, which can have shorter lines and lower cost.
krikkit
krikkit
I guess noone else is gonna post this one:
Will F
Will F
Quote:
Original post by Liquid Darkness
Quote:
Original post by EDI
...Or move to a better country.


That reminds me, any of you Canadians out there know what I would have to do in order to get free health care, if I to move to Canada? Would I need to become a legalized citizen and start paying taxes? If the requirements are tougher than I like, how do you guys treat your illegal immigrants? [wink]

I'm about to lose my medical insurance. *sadface*


IIRC you need to be a citizen, have landed immigrant status, have first nations ethnicity, or be a refugee. Though I think you can buy into the program in other cases such as being on a student or work visa.

As for how they treat illegal aliens, i'd imagine not great. I went to an emergency room in Vancouver a few years ago (skiing accident), and only having US health insurance made it a real pain to get to see a doctor - not sure what would have happened if I had no insurance whatsoever.
abstractimmersion
abstractimmersion
Quote:
Original post by necreia
Quote:
Original post by abstractimmersion
I woke up this morning feeling really bloated like I had bad gas. But I haven't been able to have a bowel movement all day, so I'm not sure if it is gas. If it is, it's definitely the most painful gas I've had in my life.

Also, I've been throwing up everything I've tried to eat today. Now I'm throwing up water too.

Anyone ever had problems like this before?

Edit: Oh yeah, I guess I'm running a slight fever as well.


I've gone to ER 2x for this (EXACTLY as you describe). Neither time did they find out what was wrong.

They did, however, inject me with water (which made me feel a lot better, as you are most likely dehydrating as well), so I advise a trip there if you can.


Well I mixed up 2 liters of 1% saline solution and injected about 5 cc's every 15 minutes over the course of an hour. I felt a little better, so I rigged up an IV line with a 2 liter pop bottle, some (new in the box) flexible tubing for a backpack chemical sprayer, a spare syringe needle, and some silicone sealant. It's tied/taped to a coat tree next to me, and the needle is taped into a vein in my hand.

My head is feeling much clearer, but the pain in my gut isn't really going away. Is that what happened to you? I'm still surfing around, trying to get a diagnosis.

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.