Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Pineapple Softworks- Looking for help on project Enigma

Started by negativezero48 Aug 26, 2006 at 1:27 PM 9 replies 2.3k views
Original Post
negativezero48
negativezero48
Pineapple Softworks - Looking to begin development of project Enigma. Team name: Pineapple Softworks Project name: Codenamed project Enigma. Brief description: Project Enigma is a new type of sci-fi shooter that puts a twist on the shooter genre. The game has a new style of gameplay that revolves around strategy instead of twitch (or reflexive) gameplay. In the plot, humans have discovered the secret of the fourth dimension. It allows them to manipulate space-time. The player is given weapons that perform specific tasks that help him/her defeat enemies, or to solve puzzles. These weapons work a lot like the gravity gun from half-life. Target aim: Project Enigma will be available for retail. Compensation: Compensation is simple. The extra money gained from retail will be evenly divided between the full-time team members. Technology: This is to-be-announced. Developers will be working with most of the markets mainstream tools. Talent needed: The project is just coming out of the concept stages. These are some of the positions that need to be filled: • Assistant Producer (AP)- The Assistant Producer will keep track of the things that go on during a day-to-day basis. They will also handle finances. • Level Designer • Writer- Story is already in place. • Tech Lead • Programmers • Art Lead • Concept artists • Character Modelers • Animators • World and Background Modeling • Texture Artists Team structure: Thomas Klotz (me)- Lead Producer/Game Designer George Clarke- Lead Story/plot writor. Also Game Designer Audi Abas- Concept Artist Website: TBA Contacts: tklotz@msn.com AIM- negativezero48 Additional Info: Story: The year is 2177. Two years after the death of the Baratan Republic at the hands of warlord Aetayn, a second Interstellar War has erupted. The second Baratan Empire, led by Aetayn himself, has declared war on the Commonwealth for the perceived threat of temporal weaponry, a fact that later turned out to be a lie. The Commonwealth has fought valiantly, but High General Lukath has steadily driven the human forces closer and closer to Earth. In desperation, the Commonwealth researchers have developed the Enigma program within the Commonwealth Marine Corps. Enigma has selected seven elite Reconnaissance Marines for cybernetic and genetic reconstruction. One of the seven chosen is Captain Scott Hathaway. Having served near the end of the First Interstellar War with the original Baratan Empire, Hathaway is on his last day of official active duty when he is selected, tranquilized, and sent to the Chiron testing facility. Here, he is transformed into, in his own words, a ‘mindless killing machine’. Though he is enraged with these changes, he puts his anger aside and continues his war against the alien scourge. Eventually, whether he likes it or not, he will have a hand in carving the path of history – both human and alien. Captain Hathaway will have a futuristic, yet realistic, arsenal at his disposal. From the M44 gauss rifle (comparable to the M1 Garand of World War II) to the MMG31 machine gun (derived from today’s G36C rifle, among others), you will never feel too far away from the real world. Also, the enemies are not as dumb as they are ugly, and wish to stay alive and fighting as much as you do. This is the world of tomorrow.
negativezero48
negativezero48
Edit space. Just in case I run out of post size limitations :D.
negativezero48
negativezero48
Quote:
Original post by Falling Sky
Looks interesting, good luck!

Thanks!
Forsaken Incognito
Forsaken Incognito
Just a question, what do you have that others don't? Right now, I see another MMORPG n00bie with an idea.

Also, little comment. I've never seen a 14 year old register their own company, and get a retail product out there. I'm wondering at what age you completed High School and got your first degree, and where your studio will be located. Now that I mention it, where are you getting the funds to get you're own studio and provide the financial needs to get the product out there.
spectre1890
spectre1890
We have the advantage of creativity and we are not blinded by the age barrier that seems to be in place within the game industry. Unlike the 'MMORPG n00bie' team you expect from us, we have the skill to at least stand up to whatever you would have to offer. Let me put it this way: I want to see you do better before you start flaming us on assumptions.
http://pineapplesoftworks.jconserv.net/index.php?Pineapple Softworks -- Lead Writer, Lead Game Designer
Forsaken Incognito
Forsaken Incognito
Creativity can be measured? Seems more of a subjective and opinionated matter to me. And what do you mean by, not blinded by age barrier?

As for skill, well... that's not saying much when you don't even have a programmer on you're team, just a bunch of guys with ideas from what I've seen. No registered company. No registered website. No studio. No financial plans. No degree. No high school graduation. Somewhat hard to believe you guy's can create a retail product, when thousands of others havn't.

I'm not attacking you, I'm just wondering. And if you want, we can have a "programming contest" if you wish.
georgec
georgec
We're still looking for a team, so don't hesitate to apply if you've been looking for a project to sharpen your coding or 3D modeling skills. Some new sketches are also on the way.
methulah
methulah
As a seventeen year old working with real money on a real project, I can tell you that the "age barrier" is there for a reason. I make up for my lack of practical experience by seeking opinions from people that have experience in many walks of life, as well as a fairly solid background in game development.

But, that said, my project is nothing compared to an MMORPG, and I'm not fourteen, and I've got a realistic financial plan.

I strongly encourage you to forget about the age descrimination thing, and realise that it's there for a reason. It only takes a little bit of looking through a forum like this to get a grip on the statistics, and let's just say they are against you to the extreme.
[email=django@turmoil-online.com]Django Merope-Synge[/email] :: Project Manager/Lead Designer: Turmoil (www.turmoil-online.com)
jjd
jjd
Quote:
Original post by methulah
As a seventeen year old working with real money on a real project, I can tell you that the "age barrier" is there for a reason. I make up for my lack of practical experience by seeking opinions from people that have experience in many walks of life, as well as a fairly solid background in game development.

But, that said, my project is nothing compared to an MMORPG, and I'm not fourteen, and I've got a realistic financial plan.

I strongly encourage you to forget about the age descrimination thing, and realise that it's there for a reason. It only takes a little bit of looking through a forum like this to get a grip on the statistics, and let's just say they are against you to the extreme.


Rate++


Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.