Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Silent Depth - a small online submarine game in development

Started by Xaron Aug 28, 2006 at 9:07 AM 3 replies 2.2k views
Original Post
Xaron
Xaron
Dear all, I just want to introduce my little project here: Silent Depth Click here for a larger image! It will be a game most comparable to Archimedean Dynasty (Schleichfahrt). Maybe you better know Aquanox, but my project will be less a shooter, but more a simulation, which will (later) include stations, trading and so on. At the moment there is only a small demo, you can download here. The next (development) step will be a simple multiplayer part and of course some improvements like graphics and sound enhancement. ;) There is of course still a lot of work to do and this will take some time... Regards - Xaron
Dobbs
Dobbs
The enemy subs (?) were invisible. They left trails and I could shoot them but the hulls weren't rendered. Looks good for an early demo though.
Xaron
Xaron
Quote:
Original post by Dobbs
The enemy subs (?) were invisible. They left trails and I could shoot them but the hulls weren't rendered. Looks good for an early demo though.


Thanks for your feedback! :) What do you mean that the subs are invisible? I've never heard before about such problems... Strange...

Regards - Xaron
Dobbs
Dobbs
There were 2 red (I think?) symbols moving around underwater that I guessed were pointing towards targets. I shot at them and saw explosions as they hit but never saw WHAT was being hit, even though I think I was very close.

I'm running on a laptop with a not so great intel graphics card so it may be a card/driver issue.
Xaron
Xaron
Oh yes... these integrated Intel graphics cards are a problem, indeed.
There are some known issues using the 3d engine Irrlicht with them.

Regards - Xaron

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.