Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Needed: 1 gfx artist (sci fi mobile board game)

Started by Telmo_Amaro Sep 9, 2006 at 1:27 PM 2 replies 500+ views
Original Post
Telmo_Amaro
Telmo_Amaro
ORIGINAL TOPIC: Needed: 1 gfx artist and 1 musician (sci fi mobile board game) Team name: Orama Technologies Project name: Flagship Brief description: Flagship is a java-based board game for cellphones. Based on a XI century board game concept, Flagship will feature modified rules, sci-fi enviroment, a single player mode against AI and a two players mode that allows players to battle each other on the same handset. The player can either control the defending fleet or the attacking fleet. When controling the defending fleet, the player must make sure the Flagship reaches one of the warp points while if playing with the attacking fleet, he must destroy the Flagship. Target aim: The game will run on mobile phones and it is to be commercially distributed. Compensation: A percentage of the revenue generated by the game or your work (ringtones, wallpapers, etc). Although I can't make any promises regarding on how much money it will generate - can even be less than a dollar - I will try to maximize it. Technology: Graphics should be in .PSD and .PNG, music and sounds should be in .mid. Talent needed: - One artist - One musician/sound fx producer * The graphics will be required in three main resolutions: - 640*480 - 176*220 - 128*160 - 128*128 - 96*96 Design documents will be provided with precise instructions for the production of the graphics since games in cellphones can go from sizes of 64kb to 200kb. * Music and sound effect should also be carefully developed because of app size limitations. Team structure: Right now, there's only me. The team will not be any bigger than 3, myself included. I acumulate the functions of project manager, game design and programmer. Open positions are for one graphics artist and one sound producer. Experience as independent developer: I started developing webgames in 2002 based on JAVA. Later I started developing for cellphones, also using java, and released 7 titles in a single year. I stopped being independent developer on my 10th title, since I was offered a good job as developer. Experience at a third-party developer: I worked for CSP-Mobile for 2 years, first as programmer and later as game designer. Not sure how many titles I worked on while on CSP but surely, more than 20. Current situation: I'm back to being an independent developer, working mainly on games for cellphones. Apart of games, I'm also working on software utilities for the aeronautical industry. My software is published by Orama Technologies (a new independent development company I'm affiliated with - website available at http://www.oramatechnologies.com). Contacts: You can reach me at telmo.amaro@oramatechnologies.com Please send links to website(s) with some of your previous work. Thank you. Additional Info: The following screenshots feature test graphics: Click here for a presentation and screenshots Feedback: NO THANKS. The game is near a finish condition and due to positive feedback from testers, nothing is planned to be changed anymore. [Edited by - Telmo_Amaro on September 12, 2006 9:02:55 AM]
Telmo Amaro -
Telmo_Amaro
Telmo_Amaro
*bump*

Still looking for 1 gfx artist and 1 musician.
Please contact me at telmo.amaro@oramatechnologies.com
Please send samples of your work.

Thanks.
Telmo Amaro -
nurk
nurk
Quote:
Original post by Telmo_Amaro
Team name:
Orama Technologies


Project name:
Flagship


Brief description:
Flagship is a java-based board game for cellphones. Based on a XI century board game concept, Flagship will feature modified rules, sci-fi enviroment, a single player mode against AI and a two players mode that allows players to battle each other on the same handset. The player can either control the defending fleet or the attacking fleet. When controling the defending fleet, the player must make sure the Flagship reaches one of the warp points while if playing with the attacking fleet, he must destroy the Flagship.


Target aim:

The game will run on mobile phones and it is to be commercially distributed.


Compensation:
A percentage of the revenue generated by the game or your work (ringtones, wallpapers, etc). Although I can't make any promises regarding on how much money it will generate - can even be less than a dollar - I will try to maximize it.


Technology:
Graphics should be in .PSD and .PNG, music and sounds should be in .mid.


Talent needed:
- One artist
- One musician/sound fx producer
* The graphics will be required in three main resolutions:
- 640*480
- 176*220
- 128*160
- 128*128
- 96*96

Design documents will be provided with precise instructions for the production of the graphics since games in cellphones can go from sizes of 64kb to 200kb.

* Music and sound effect should also be carefully developed because of app size limitations.


Team structure:
Right now, there's only me. The team will not be any bigger than 3, myself included. I acumulate the functions of project manager, game design and programmer. Open positions are for one graphics artist and one sound producer.


Experience as independent developer:
I started developing webgames in 2002 based on JAVA. Later I started developing for cellphones, also using java, and released 7 titles in a single year. I stopped being independent developer on my 10th title, since I was offered a good job as developer.


Experience at a third-party developer:
I worked for CSP-Mobile for 2 years, first as programmer and later as game designer. Not sure how many titles I worked on while on CSP but surely, more than 20.


Current situation:
I'm back to being an independent developer, working mainly on games for cellphones. Apart of games, I'm also working on software utilities for the aeronautical industry. My software is published by Orama Technologies (a new independent development company I'm affiliated with - website available at http://www.oramatechnologies.com).



Contacts:
You can reach me at telmo.amaro@oramatechnologies.com
Please send links to website(s) with some of your previous work. Thank you.

Additional Info:
The following screenshots feature test graphics:

Click here for a presentation and screenshots

Feedback:
NO THANKS. The game is near a finish condition and due to positive feedback from testers, nothing is planned to be changed anymore.

Do you need music?
Thanks

VitalyVitaly
Telmo_Amaro
Telmo_Amaro
I'd like to thank all that mailed me in the past days.

Due to the large number of offers for the musician/sound producer openning, no more offers are, at the moment, necessary.

For the openning for graphics artists, I'd like to have a few more offers to evaluate.

Thanks again.
Telmo Amaro -

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.