Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Design Pattern Book?

Started by Spyder Feb 28, 2001 at 6:06 PM 3 replies 350+ views
Original Post
Spyder
Spyder
Everybody in this forum seems to mentioning this one book. However I went to the bookstore and found lots of books with Design Patterns in the title. So what book exactly is everybody here talking about and who is the author?
Altair
Altair
Design Patterns: Elements of Reusable Object-Oriented Software by Erich Gamma, Richard Helm, Ralph Johnson, John Vlissides

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0201633612/qid=983437654/sr=1-1/ref=sc_b_1/104-0348541-7189553

Cheers, Altair


"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I''m not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein
taliesin73
taliesin73
A friend of mine once visited, and upon seeing the book on the couch, remarked "Everyone I visit has that book, but this is the first time I''ve ever seen it open."

So if you don''t own this book, get it. If you do, read it. It''s fabulous, and I can almost understand what they are on about, after only owning the book for a year

--
Get a stripper on your desktop!
Shannon Barber
Shannon Barber
There''s another one with high recommendation, called "Effective C++" (and a successor called "More Effective C++"). Anyone have/read this one? Is it worth it after reading DP?

Magmai Kai Holmlor
- The disgruntled & disillusioned
The trade-off between price and quality does not exist in Japan. Rather, the idea that high quality brings on cost reduction is widely accepted.-- Tajima & Matsubara
Dire.Wolf
Dire.Wolf
Yes those books are excellent. They are written by Scott Myers who, in my opinion, is right up there with Jeffrey Richter, Don Box et al. Another book I''d recommend is Exceptional C++: 47 Engineering Puzzles, Programming Problems, and Solutions, written by Herb Sutter. If you want to learn how to write exception safe software, this is the book to get.



Dire Wolf
www.digitalfiends.com
[email=direwolf@digitalfiends.com]Dire Wolf[/email]
www.digitalfiends.com

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.