Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

More routing problems, 2 router lan

Started by Ilici Sep 27, 2006 at 5:57 AM 0 replies 1.1k views
Original Post
Ilici
Ilici
Right, so I have this setup: 2 internet connections from different ISPs. One goes into a linux box which does routing and the other goes into a TrendNet hardware router. There is also a switch to which all the computers on the network are linked to which, in turn, is connected to the linux router. We have server software which runs on 2 of the computers in the LAN and the linux router redirects the appropriate ports. I want to add the TrendNet router to the network so that it also redirects the same ports to the server. This way I hope I can get both connections working at full bandwidth. I have tried adding doing this but I can only get the computers to simply access the internet, port forwarding on the TrendNet router doesn't work when it's not alone on the LAN. Any ideas how to do this? If it's impossible, any ideas how to get the server to work on both connections at the same time?

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.