Original Post
I'm trying to do something common: create a Scorched Earth/Worms clone (with multiplayer/networking support). I've been researching this for a while now and have even purchased several 2D engines (TGB, HGE, etc...), but I'm still really nowhere further than where I was when I started. The main problem is that apparantly physics will never perform the same way on different machines. If this was NOT the case, all I would need to do is tell each multiplayer client to spawn a projectile and I could rest assured that it will perform the exact same, but since this is not the case I need an alternative. One alternative seems to be using some kind of physics look-up table. This seems complicated and I don't understand this :( Is there a relatively easy way to create a multiplayer version of Scorched Earth/Worms and ensure that collisions happen the EXACT same way, etc, etc...?