Original Post
This is more a Win32 question, but it is API specific and it isn't D3D so I figured this would be the best place for it. I was recently given an LCD monitor for my b'day, so instead of throwing out my CRT (which while not great, is still decent enough) I've now got a dual-monitor setup and loving it. I've never had this before, so all of my OpenGL projects aren't multi-monitor aware so I thought I'd fire one up and see what happens. It opens up the window, I move it to the second monitor and switch to fullscreen mode.....my primary monitor changes resolution. Not entirely surprising, but how do I get it to change the resolution of my second monitor (ie. the monitor the window is on). I can find out which monitor it's on with MonitorFromWindow() and with GetMonitorInfo() and the MONITORINFOEX structure I can get the device name, but passing this to ChangeDisplaySettings() doesn't make any difference. Has anyone done this with OpenGL/Win32? I don't have any OpenGL games installed at the moment, but my D3D games run on the second monitor just fine.