Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Sprite Format

Started by VisualLR Nov 25, 1999 at 9:24 PM 0 replies 750+ views
Original Post
VisualLR
VisualLR
Hey, I wanted a few suggestions on which would be the better way to implement sprites in a game. My ideas so far are:

1. Have a big bitmap file with all the frames for a certain sprite.

2. Have one little bitmap file for each frame

and

3. Grab the sprites from a bitmap file and compile them into a single file where each frame is next to each other (this would be a custom file format, not a BMP like 1 and 2).

Im leaning to the third one, but I wanted to know if there was a better way of doing it that I havent thought of...

thanks!

------------------
Luis Sempe
visuallr@netscape.net
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/6276

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.