Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Why do forks typically have exactly 4 prongs?

Started by Way Walker Oct 12, 2006 at 10:47 AM 4 replies 2.6k views
scgrn
scgrn
Dunno, but I prefer to call 'em tines.
jRaskell
jRaskell
It's probably preferrable over having approximately 4 prongs.

I've seen and used 2 and 3 prong forks in the past as well, though only a couple times with a 2 prong fork. could a skewer be considered a 1 prong fork?

Historically speaking, I don't know.
Rebooted
Rebooted
Just enough for optimal forkage.
Anon Mike
Anon Mike
I have heard that common table forks don't have two tines because two-tined forks are associated with Satan. I have no idea if that has any basis in reality.
-Mike

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.