Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

RakNet and MMO

Started by LPVOID_CH Oct 28, 2006 at 9:12 AM 1 replies 3.5k views
Original Post
LPVOID_CH
LPVOID_CH
i am designing a server architecture for a mmo game. my question is, if someone of you had experiences with the network lib raknet and mmo-games. i already used raknet for peer2peer games and it worked fine. i think raknet is also a good chioce for mmo games. what do you think?
------------------------<< deltasoft games >>Homepage: http://www.deltasoftgames.ch
Sirisian
Sirisian
One of my friends made a wrapper for raknet. He might've changed how it worked, I'm not sure, but his space game ran with 20 people fine. It was designed for unlimited, but we only stress tested it with 20. Not sure though, I myself have never used it.

I recommend making your own wrapper for the sockets and your own binary packet things and such. Having them fine tuned for your game would work fairly well for an MMO.

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.