Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Looking for Experienced Programmer to Help with Game Design - $$$

Started by JimDaniel Nov 7, 2006 at 10:20 PM 1 replies 700+ views
Original Post
JimDaniel
JimDaniel
Edited to provide mandatory template information (at the bottom) Hi, I have an independent game I'm developing, and I would like to hire someone with programming experience to help me develop the technical side of the game. (The reason I didn't put this in commercial is because its more like freelance contract work and not like a full-time professional position like I see advertised there most often) I'm not sure how to explain who I'm looking for. At this point I don't need any programming done - I just need someone with excellent programming experience who can point me in the right direction with my project: for example, I'll say I'd like to create a particular kind of game, with particular elements, and this person would instruct me with the most ideal way to approach the programming and what software, middleware I would need, in what order to develop, in a very detailed way, so that once I get to the point of hiring programmers and artists, I know what to ask for...etc. I am prepared to spend money on this project, but I'm not sure how much to offer for this kind of service, so if anyone out there is interested in talking to me about it, you can respond here with your email address, or just write me at willstepp@hotmail.com. Team Name: Hunger Team Project name: HUNGER Brief description: A first person 3D survival/hunting game within an allegorical setting. Target aim: A fully-realized 3D game to be given away as Freeware. Compensation: Yes, I am paying those I feel qualified to help me develop this project. All the funds come out of my own pocket. The game itself will generate no revenue, as I plan to give it away. Compensation will be offered as freelance work. Technology: TBD Talent needed: Programmer with some experience in 3D game development. Team structure: Daniel Stepp - Lead Designer Website: Nothing yet. Contacts: willstepp@hotmail.com [Edited by - JimDaniel on November 7, 2006 10:46:12 PM]
Numsgil
Numsgil
I've done quite a bit of research into alot of different middleware libraries, including Ogre, OIS, Tao, various physics engines, etc. I've also done alot of developing for Darwinbots, which has taught me alot about architecture and design philopsophy. I've programmed in C#, Visual Basic, and C++. I've also delt with setting up webspaces, forums, and wikis.

I can provide you with a great deal of technical advice. I should be able to save you alot of time and effort avoiding pitfalls.

You can email me at Numsgil2002@yahoo.com
[size=2]Darwinbots - [size=2]Artificial life simulation
Xienen
Xienen
Hello Jim,
My name is Dayle Flowers. I have been in the game industry for 3 years running and had previously developed games for an additional 4 years in my personal time. In total, I have 7 years of full scale game development specifically in C++.

I also have a slew of other programming and scripting languages under my belt, including web development languages, but since C++ is the main language of the game industry, that has definitely been my focus.

I have experience working with Gamebryo, Torque, Ogre, Source, and various other engines that you've prolly never heard of, because they were owned by private licenses.

Over the years, I have also learned a whole lot about designing games from a technical stand point, which sounds like exactly what you are looking for. This is the aspect of games that I enjoy the most, so I am very excited about this opportunity.

I am currently working from home, so my availability is pretty much whenever I'm awake. I check my e-mail atleast 10 times a day and whenever my computer is on, I am available on 3 or more instant messengers.

I'd love to speak with you in greater detail about this opportunity, please e-mail me at xierosoldja@hotmail.com at your convenience.

Thank You,
Dayle Flowers
-= Dayle Flowers =--= Senior Engine and Gameplay Programmer =-

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.