Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Is there any way to set the current OpenGL context in SDL

Started by Nisar Nov 27, 2006 at 1:27 PM 1 replies 2.6k views
Original Post
Nisar
Nisar
Hello, I am new to SDL, in my application I want to create two SDL OpenGL context, is there a way to set the current context so that the rendering is current for each context. I went through the API, but could not find any API to set or get the current context, is there any way for me to use two SDL context for my application..
rip-off
rip-off
Not currently.

You could have a poke around the SDL internals and see if there is a way of doing this, but I doubt it would be very easy as SDL isn't designed to do that.

AFAIK the experimental SDL 2.0 API supports this, but its unfinished, you can get it using SVN.
Nisar
Nisar
hi,
Thank you for your quick reply, so I guess I have to discard my plans.

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.