Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

SideScroller Level Editor

Started by Brad Dec 14, 1999 at 1:19 AM 0 replies 700+ views
Original Post
Brad
Brad
Does anyone know of any links to tutorials that will show me how to make a level editor for a 2d side scrolling game?

thanks

jtecin
jtecin
I don't know of any specific tutorials for making level editors, but you can find tutorials for other things such as dinput and ddraw that make up the level editor. I just used my basic game loop with some mouse input. Here are the steps I took:

1)Get mouse input from user

2)Get specific "slot", and then save the tile number to the slot in the map array.

3)Take into consideration the worldx and worldy.

4)Draw all the tiles on the screen from the map array.

5)Let the user save or load a map

I made the basic thing in about a day. It is not user friendly, but I'm the only one using it and am fine with it.

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.