Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

GLSL Problem

Started by As-12 Dec 19, 2006 at 8:39 AM 9 replies 1.9k views
Original Post
As-12
As-12
Hi. I am using ATI Mobility Radeon X600. I've checked for GLSL support using glView and it does Support GLSL. The Problem is Everytime I compiled my Shader. It always fail with no Error report. But when I use my code compile on NV's 6800 GS it works just fine!. The most weird part is I can use GLSL on other 3D Engines but when I try using it with OpenGL. I can't with my ATI card. Is there any a solution of this?? (Sorry for my English..)
kadaf
kadaf
Are you sure your ATI card supports all the GLSL features you're using?
Or maybe you've made a bug in your shader code which doesn't affect your nVidia card, but makes ATI's drivers fail.

Why you don't get an error message I don't know...

How about posting some minimal code examples that still produce the problem?
-- Rasmus Neckelmann
As-12
As-12
Well. I tried copy GLSL code from lighthouse3d tutorial and it still doesn't work.
My vertex shader code

void main()
{
gl_Position = ftransform();
}

My ATI card fail on that but not on NV.

But when I tried run an example of Parallax Mapping Application from More on OpenGL Game Programming book on my ATI card. It works just fine.
I'm going to look at the DEMO GLSL setup code tonight. I think it might be the setup not the Vertex Shader itself. But I am not sure.

WilyCoder
WilyCoder
What if you did

void main()	{						gl_Position = gl_ModelViewProjectionMatrix * gl_Vertex;	}
envid
envid
My ati card fails that test every time, yet it supports glsl shaders. Just find a tutorial on glsl and compile/run it. It should work since it is above an ati 9500/9550.
MARS_999
MARS_999
http://www.driverheaven.net/modtool/

go there and look for your GPU. Download the latest drivers and update your laptop. Then come back and let us know. This is why I hate laptops they never update drivers and the stupid thing is laptops are growing in sales. Desktop forever!!
As-12
As-12
I have update my laptop ATI X600 driver and it works! Many thanks!
Sadly theres another problem....
I can't use my Shader Program and Shader Validation is fail.It generate an error while validating.
Funniest thing is the error says "Link Successful,GLSL Vertex Shader will now run in your Hardware , GLSL Fragment Shader will now run in your Hardware."
Thats what the validate error reported . And then I tried use shader program and I can't enable my shader.
It is quite weird about the Error. Anyideas with this?

MARS_999
MARS_999
You need to post all your code for the shaders and the setup code. Check to make sure your eof character is correct in your shader files. No spaces at the end of the file, depending on how you are loading the file. Make sure you use source tags when you post the code. HTH
As-12
As-12
I fixed it. Well it was my bad :(. When I was pasting my code here I notice that my Validation function doesn't validate the shader.It only check the validation status. So after I put "glValidate(Program)" into my Validate() in my Shader Manager class. Then there run with no error :).
Very thanks for the driver tools.I tried to find newer driver from ATI but theres none for laptop.
(Sorry for my english)

As-12
As-12
I downloaded it once but it wont let me setup. It reported that my Chipset isn't compatible with its driver. So I never update my Card except the one I got when I bought my laptop .Now I updated my driver with ModTool.So now my ATI laptop chipset support most of the OGL extensions.

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.