Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

TRC/TCR/Lotcheck

Started by Trip99 Jan 4, 2007 at 8:59 AM 1 replies 40.8k views
Original Post
Trip99
Trip99
Hi, I hope someone can help with a query. When submitting a console game to the manufacturer you have to pass a number of checks sometimes called TRC, TCR or Lotcheck. Now I think I know what the first two stand for TRC (according to Wikipedia) means Technical Requirements Checklist TCR (Technical Certification Requirements) – Xbox development only? I have no idea what a Lotcheck is. I also wondered if these requirements are published for any consoles. I suspect they are kept private and probably under NDA but you never know :) Thanks
------------------------See my games programming site at: www.toymaker.info
osmanb
osmanb
They're all basically the same thing, it just depends on which manufacturer you're talking about:

TRC - Sony
TCR - Microsoft
LotCheck - Nintendo

All of the documents are under NDA, so you'd need to be a licensed developer and get the documentation through official channels.
Trip99
Trip99
Thanks I thought as much. Do you know how the word LotCheck is derived?
------------------------See my games programming site at: www.toymaker.info

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.