Original Post
Hello, I would like to add a new way of doing the texturing on our terrain but I can't really find an good solution out there. I have already tried a few things, but none of them were good enough. The goal is easy: fast to render, good quality near the camera, and easy to modify for an artist. One big texture and using some sort of MegaTexture streaming solution might be interesting, but the problem is the bandwidth and reading from DVD rom drives on consoles. And it's not so easy to implement a fast version which is editable by an artist - I think. The only other solution to this is some sort of texture splatting, as far as I know. But I tried a few simple ones. Does anyone have a good working suggestion for this. In ShaderX4 I found an article on procedural textures (7.3), but demo doesn't work for some reason. Has anyone already tried to implement it? Regards, Kenzo