Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Super-PI thread REBORN!

Started by nullsquared Jan 8, 2007 at 2:27 PM 9 replies 2.4k views
Original Post
nullsquared
nullsquared
Linky! I'm not sure how, but that thread turned into a benchmark scene. With all the new technology and stuff now, seems like there'll be lots of difference in today's SuperPI 1M runs and the runs of that thread. For example, my 130$ Athlon 64 X2 3800+ (that runs at 2GHz) now gets a 32 second run, beating that guy's Athlon 64 FX-53 and coming Super-CLOSE to the other guy's Athlon 64 FX-55. Only for 130$. Ofcourse, it's not running at 2000MHz though... 2721MHz 32 sec Now, post all YOUR Super-PI 1M runs with your current Super Amazing Cool Magnificent Interesting Etc. processors. EDIT: Oh, and please post basic specs - atleast the processor, it's clock frequency and your ram. - AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ @ 2721MHz - 1GB (2x512MB dual channel) Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800 5-5-5-12 @ DDR2 720
davobrosia
davobrosia
Eh. I have a Manchester core X2 3800+ (bought it back in February 06) that I've successfully overclocked to 3000MHz (on air[grin]) with absolutely no stability problems. Supposedly the stepping I got is the best X2 stepping on any model and socket, and people have gotten it up to to 3700MHz with better cooling. The CPU I have is able to clock higher than every other X2 model and stepping, whether socket 939 or AM2. (link so I don't sound like I'm talking out of my ass)

I lowered it to 2700MHz because the temperature was a bit too high for my liking (high 50s under full load). I've gotten much better times than this one, and maybe next time I reboot I'll push it back to what it used to be for a Superpi run.





If I had better RAM my times would be better (it's a mix of some budget crap and some other budget crap, totalling 1.5GB).
nullsquared
nullsquared
Quote:
Original post by davobrosia
Eh. I have a Manchester core X2 3800+ (bought it back in February 06) that I've successfully overclocked to 3000MHz (on air[grin]) with absolutely no stability problems. Supposedly the stepping I got is the best X2 stepping on any model and socket, and people have gotten it up to to 3700MHz with better cooling. The CPU I have is able to clock higher than every other X2 model and stepping, whether socket 939 or AM2. (link so I don't sound like I'm talking out of my ass)

I lowered it to 2700MHz because the temperature was a bit too high for my liking (high 50s under full load). I've gotten much better times than this one, and maybe next time I reboot I'll push it back to what it used to be for a Superpi run.





If I had better RAM my times would be better (it's a mix of some budget crap and some other budget crap, totalling 1.5GB).


Holy crap, 3700MHz? 85% OC, that's amazing.

Anyways, 3000MHz on air is pretty awesome. I got to 2802MHz before my temps started to literally go in the 60s, plus it required 1.65V to get it stable. Oh well, 2.7GHz is fine with me, but thinking that people have managed to get it to 3.7GHz amazes me. Manchesters seem great for overclocking. You know what, they should've done a Super-PI run on that - either that or I'm just missing it.
rip-off
rip-off
Lets see how the new laptop fares...

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Yay for 2gb of ram!

I think the cpu z program lists all the relevant processor specs.

Yay for being clueless about hardware too!
Katta
Katta
44 seconds to 1 million. Pentium M 1.7GHz, no OC, with 512 MB of RAM of whose speed I know not.
[Slime] I saw a headline on the newspaper today: "Horrific Rape in Alley", or something.[Slime] I was like "Is there any other kind of rape?"[Slime] "HILARIOUS RAPE AS CLOWN SODOMIZED"
knowyourrole
knowyourrole
Here's mine, haven't got around to overclocking it yet, but I'd like to some time soon.

RAM is: 1GB (2x512 dual channel) Crucial BallistiX DDR2 PC2-6400.

Moe
Moe
Hmm, it is threads like this that make me realize my P4 3.4Ghz is getting old. Maybe I will have to run it just for kicks...

EDIT: 41 seconds. 1 Gig ram. Not too bad I suppose...
LessBread
LessBread
Oooh, SuperpiYou're gonna make your fortune by and byBut if you lose, don't ask no questions whyThe only game you know is Do or DieAh-ha-ha The game he plays he plays for keepsHustlin' times and ghetto streetsTryin' ta get over(That's what he tryin' to do, y'all)Taking all that he can takeGambling with the odds of fateTryin' ta get over (4x)Woo, Superpi 
"I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes." - the Laughing Man
nullsquared
nullsquared
Quote:
Original post by LessBread
Oooh, SuperpiYou're gonna make your fortune by and byBut if you lose, don't ask no questions whyThe only game you know is Do or DieAh-ha-ha The game he plays he plays for keepsHustlin' times and ghetto streetsTryin' ta get over(That's what he tryin' to do, y'all)Taking all that he can takeGambling with the odds of fateTryin' ta get over (4x)Woo, Superpi 


[totally]























I love that smiley.

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.