Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

1 Millionth Lounge post

Started by d000hg Jan 24, 2007 at 5:50 AM 26 replies 5.7k views
Original Post
d000hg
d000hg
Is there already a thread about this? Perhaps a book is being run when it will occur?
oliii
oliii
Yeah, 1 million post of mostly random crap (this included), drunken posts and politico-religious flame wars! Still 3,000 short, but by far the most busy board. I guess game developpers are mostly lounge lizards!
Everything is better with Metal.
Ravuya
Ravuya
Hmm, I wonder if we can add something to the site software to make that post a special colour or something. [grin]
Senses777
Senses777
This is exactly the 997,001th post, by coincidence.
"I want to make a simple MMORPG first" - Fenryl
Roach
Roach
The poster of the 1 millionth post should receive a free GdNet+ membership (if they don't have one). If they are already a GdNet+ member, then they should receive access to staff and moderator only Avatars and other special features.

just a thought :)

Roach
Senses777
Senses777
Quote:
Original post by Roach
The poster of the 1 millionth post should receive a free GdNet+ membership (if they don't have one). If they are already a GdNet+ member, then they should receive access to staff and moderator only Avatars and other special features.

just a thought :)

Roach


I support any policy that encourages spamming the lounge with useless crap posts.
"I want to make a simple MMORPG first" - Fenryl
Promit
Promit
Alternately, we could ban whoever makes the 1 millionth post. It'd be like getting struck by lightning.
SlimDX | Ventspace Blog | Twitter | Diverse teams make better games. I am currently hiring capable C++ engine developers in Baltimore, MD.
Moe
Moe
Quote:
Original post by Promit
Alternately, we could ban whoever makes the 1 millionth post. It'd be like getting struck by lightning.

[lol]
oliii
oliii
I would vote for a perpetual rating of 0. That's what the Lounge is famous for! The one Millionth Crap-Poster. I think LessBread has a good chance.

...I mean, at the rate he is posting! [grin]
Everything is better with Metal.
Demosthenes
Demosthenes
Quote:
Alternately, we could ban whoever makes the 1 millionth post. It'd be like getting struck by lightning.


I vote for this.
Platinum314
Platinum314
Quote:
Original post by Promit
Alternately, we could ban whoever makes the 1 millionth post. It'd be like getting struck by lightning.


Just think of the tension when we are less then 50 posts away. :)
The sentence below is true.The sentence above is false.And by the way, this sentence only exists when you are reading it.
Gaiiden
Gaiiden
Quote:
Original post by Moe
Quote:
Original post by Promit
Alternately, we could ban whoever makes the 1 millionth post. It'd be like getting struck by lightning.

[lol]

seconded
Drew Sikora
Executive Producer
GameDev.net
SticksandStones
SticksandStones
We've made 85 posts since this thread, does anyone else find that sad?
hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia- the fear of big words
Ravuya
Ravuya
I like the Russian roulette idea. [grin]

I think back in the day when it was about to hit 500 000 we gave a special title to someone.
dave
dave
bool running = true;do{   gdnet.forums["Lounge"].postcount -= -1;   if ( gdnet.forums["Lounge"].postcount == 1000000 )     running = false;}while ( running );console.writeline("Dave is the 1,000,000th poster, send him some floorcaek!");exit(0);


Dave
Cold_Steel
Cold_Steel
Quote:
Original post by Promit
Alternately, we could ban whoever makes the 1 millionth post. It'd be like getting struck by lightning.
That's more like winning the lottery. If I was banned, I might actually get something done in my life instead of posting here [wink]
______"Man is born free, and everywhere he is in chains" - J.J. Rousseau
davobrosia
davobrosia
Quote:
Original post by Cold_Steel
Quote:
Original post by Promit
Alternately, we could ban whoever makes the 1 millionth post. It'd be like getting struck by lightning.
That's more like winning the lottery. If I was banned, I might actually get something done in my life instead of posting here [wink]


Double entendre? It's even more like that lottery than the kind where winning is a good thing.
matt_j
matt_j
Quote:
Original post by Ravuya
I like the Russian roulette idea. [grin]

I think back in the day when it was about to hit 500 000 we gave a special title to someone.


Definately should do this. If I thought I timed it right, I could post g****e and take you all down with me! MUAHAHHAHA!
I Like Bread
I Like Bread
Quote:
Original post by oliii
I would vote for a perpetual rating of 0. That's what the Lounge is famous for! The one Millionth Crap-Poster. I think LessBread has a good chance.

...I mean, at the rate he is posting! [grin]

Pff. I got my rating solely from lounge posts. Beat that!
______Numbermind StudiosCurrently in hibernation.

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.